Needs larger main cities

Discussion in 'Rift' started by pr0xx1d, Mar 14, 2014.

1. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

One thing that makes Rift less of a game than WoW to me is the fact that it only has 1 massive city per faction and they aren't that impressive. I miss the massive, sprawling cities like Stormwind and Orgrimmar. What do you think?

2. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Definitely, and it seems to me a pay to win game, its all about who's the richest player who buy the most stuff as opposed to the best gamer...

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Rift is fine as it is. One massive hub per faction is more then enough, in my opinion, and I used to avoid those even in WoW, due to the massive lag that I would get everytime I would visit.

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the spread out cities as well. It adds much more visual and adventure to the game.

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, that's what I was going to mention, but wouldn't it be even worse if there's just one main city each? I'm not sure about Rift, but can you imagine that in WoW? You wouldn't be able to take a step. By most accounts, Rift is already more graphic intensive.

Remember when Dalaran was the main hub for both factions in Wrath? I knew people who couldn't go there at all due to the lag. For some, it would freeze up their entire system. I think spreading people out a little is probably a good idea.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is more graphic intensive I would say and that does contribute to the lag, but I could also see that larger cities having an effect like that. It all just depends on what the other players would do, so I am not too sure.

7. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It would be way difficult on the developper team to add large cities in an update

8. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is and it will require a lot

9. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think rift is okay as it is. Having one massive city in each faction is okay because that makes it unique from other games. I like it that way.