Need help with Filters on The Crossing

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by dasoninsane, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dasoninsane

dasoninsane New Member

[/COLOR] I'm getting really mad at this game. I'm at "The Crossing" where I follow the Dark 1 thru the area. I keep coming across filters. But they're only for 1 minute. And I'm wheezing and cougji g in no time. I mean EVERY FILTER is 1 minute. I'm out of air b4 I reach the next loot. Its bull. Any ideas? Tips? Cheats? Something? B4 I use the game as a cup coaster?

2. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

This might not help much, but you could repeatedly take gas mask on/off as you have roughly 30 seconds before you suffocate and putting it back resets it, so you could do that. you could also try scavenging every nook and cranny if you haven't. hope this help's.

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

It's kind of refreshing to go from seeing loads of people complain about how the game is too easy and throws filters at you to seeing somebody complaining about how the game is bad because it doesn't give you enough.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Quite funny isn't it? ;)

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

either do the mask-on-maskoff-trick or screw sneaking, start running and praying, 'tis what I did a few times. In the entire game, I never found that filters was easy-peasy to fidn(guess imma sucky scavenger, eh?;) ) Fighting momma bear whilst running desperately around looking for filters and counting the last 20 seconds of airtime was a challenge.

then again I just have to ask, is there a bug that makes the filter time reset when you change to a new gasmask? sometime I'm able to change a non-broken gasmask with another and soon after, I'm wheezing gaspign for air.

6. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I dunno, I played through on Ranger Normal my first time through, and the only time I ever really got low was when I spent somewhere around 30-45 minutes exploring the entirety of the swamp figuring out that "ferry" didn't mean "large boat", but even that only got me down to around 3-4 minutes, and I found enough in the next section to get me to the church with at least 2-3 minutes left. Never was an issue for me I guess; once I beat the train section, I never had less than half an hour of filter time. Was maxed out by the end, easily.

And taking your mask on and putting in back on is basically the same as changing the filter. You're probably just low.

As for scavenging, it's pretty easy; whenever you see a branching path, check your compass and go the other way. Get free moral points and supplies, and then go down the main path.

7. prom22

prom22 New Member

Hi everyone, I also have this problem - it is as if the filters don't work - I have also tried using a trainer and even that doesn't keep me alive! Also tried re-starting the chapter and also re-starting the one before that and still no joy.
    I think this is some sort of bug because if you watch the WalkThroughs on YouTube they seem to have no trouble breathing and the filters last a lot longer.
    Also, can anyone tell me how to find out which version of Metro LL I have - it was a PC-DVD buy.
    And does anyone know how I can skip "The Crossing" and get to the next chapter????
    I would REALLY like to know that!!
    Thanks all.