Need advice on how to make money

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV & FFXI' started by llllllllllllllllllll, Feb 16, 2014.

1. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Any tips and is there a fast way to earn some gil? I'm at level 25 right now and so far I can live with the equipment given on quest rewards, but I want to make preparations once I reach level 50 as from what I heard, once you reach that level you need to start spending gil to be well equipped.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of dungeon running.

3. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dungeon running is the best, but if you have a craft like weaving or something like that you can sell in market place as well with your retainer. These are great ways to make money when you are in need. Dungeon runs especially the high ones get you some good money too. I do dungeons and crafting to make money.

4. CactuarShimmy

CactuarShimmy Member

Crafting is one of the best ways in the game to make consistent money. A word of warning, though: all the crafting classes are interconnected, so if you only focus on one crafting class, you'll get to a point where you'll have to depend on other people (friends, the marketboard, etc) for supplies.

5. elchobo

elchobo Member
    Regular

Until you get to max level, Gil is pretty hard to come by, especially if you don't have a crafter/gatherer.
    During my time in Final Fantasy XIV (was awhile ago, before Heavensword, so someone let me know if this is not the case anymore), I would make most of my Gil from:
    Harvesting raw materials and use crafter to turn them into something useful and sell them.
    Materia farming was another good way to make Gil. Need to be 50 for this one, because the higher the item level, the better the materia it will produce. So you'd just put on a bunch of junk gear, run a low level dungeon, and then break it down for Materia once you can.
    Play the market. This can be pretty difficult, and boring. Scouring the boards until you see something cheap or someone misprice something.
    The biggest money maker that my guild came up with was selling content. By this I mean, we'd advertise to carry someone through a difficult Raid/Dungeon and have them pay us. Idk how these people got millions of Gil to spend on us doing Titan or T1-5, but they'd pay 1mil for Titan and 5mil for T5. Even though breaking that up between 6-7 people, you can still make a sizable amount just after a few runs.

Hope some of this is helpful!

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dungeon running is not my favorite but it does work, and I was not really aware of the fact that all the crafting would depend on the others, but it makes sense now that I think about it.

7. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

Dungeon running is the best way to make money and also refinement.

8. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never given it a try but roughly how much effort is needed to make decent income.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Like everyone already said... Dungeon running is the best way for it.

Go ahead and be happy. ;)

10. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

Yeah be happy

11. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Iit's definitely hard to make me money since there are a lot of people doing the same thing.

12. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have tried to make aliving out of it but I could not manage. I am now doing other jobs that can give me income like academic writing and research.

13. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well there are various methods but you should do what you excel at.

14. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Work hard and stay dedicated to your goal

15. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you have to work on a job or the business. And take one day at a time for the goal. And slowly i am sure you will reach the goal that you wanted to reach. That's something many of us are doing and so far we have it working for us.

16. Athanas

Regular

There are so many online scams these days. They promise to give you a well rewarding job but after you work for them they become completely invisible on the internet.

17. Athanas

Regular

Yap. And with patience.

18. saniamirzatennis

Regular

Dungeon running is the best source of making money. We should keep working hard on it. We will get whatever we want from it.

19. dellmininotebook

Regular

It is all about a lot of hard work and a little bit of good luck. Keep working on this and you will be succeeded. God bless you.

20. gibbs

gibbs Member
    Regular

Dungeon running is most easy way.