My Opinion on the Open Beta

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by daredevil, Apr 14, 2016.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

So the open beta already started... Have you guys tried the game yet? I hope you have! Here's my unbiased review about Battleborn:

The Pros:
    • I definitely enjoy the variety of the characters. I have played different characters but not all of them, they're just too many, lol. And it's one of the best things about the game, you can enjoy each character because they have different strengths and weaknesses.
    • It's a MOBA type of game, which personally, I like.
    • Lots of modes to choose from and try.
    The Cons:
    • Still needs some balancing since some characters aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. For instance, Galilea is supposed to be a tank but she can destroy enemies.
    • The dialogues' humour isn't that funny for me, it's a bit childish even.
    • The graphics are a bit distorted at times.
    For me, it's still a fun game. I enjoyed it in the versus mode and the storyline mode. It has its drawbacks but I can look past them because of the gameplay itself.

Anyone else care to share their opinions?

2. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I thought it was enjoyable. It really wasn't all that amazing, but I had fun with it. I still don't know if I'll get it though. Overwatch's beta is next month, so after I try that I'll know which one I'll drop cash on.

3. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not bad, it's more entertaining than I thought it would be, but it's certainly not without it's faults, and I find it very hard to justify spending 60$ on it with all the games coming out within the next few months. I like the overall gameplay, but really, really dislike the sense of humor and dialogue in the game, I wish they kept that style of humor to to the borderlands games.

4. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's rather fun, however the character enhancement system is like LoL's runes but more powerful. It can seem pay-to-win for new players, which might put them off the game.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are a lot of unique characters to play with in Battleborn. I enjoyed the gameplay overall so far. I'd like to see a better character development system implemented in the game.

6. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, guys! Have you ordered the game though since it was recently released already? I'm having fun with it although I can see some major flaws:
    • Maps still need to be polished, some issues are walls that are invisible and ledges.
    • Some heroes need to be nerfed or balanced.
    • Difficulty in countering the attack of the other team.
    Anyway, I hope Gearbox can manage these issues. I think that despite these flaws, it's still a great game and one that should be promoted to gamers alike.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't like the dialogue either. Felt a bit cheesy or cookie cutter but thankfully it's not that distracting. I definitely prefer other games when it comes to that though.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think balancing is something that will always be fluctuant. Like League of Legends, there are always nerfs, buffs and reworks so you can't really say that's a con. The game is really fun though, I enjoy it!

: battleborn