Music you listen to when gaming!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by Majestic, Dec 13, 2011.

1. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just listen randomly top hits from Spotify. However, sometimes I play music from my computer with windows media player and make my own playlists.

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Listen to Spotify man it's the cool new thing for millenials. I listen to a lot indie pop/folk/electronica when I play League of Legends to up my focus and get me up to date with the cool underground kids.

3. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

I mainly listen to Kpop when I play games. Like it's the only thing I have.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mostly Nightcore or Symphonic Metal bands like Stradivarius, though when it comes to action packed games where I'm kicking all kinds of ass...Jam Project is all I need.

5. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

Actually I don't listen to any music when I'm playing games, because I really like to focus while music disturbes me

6. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Anything that I like at that moment or oldies if I'm in the mood. Maybe some boyband music or some girlband music. It depends. Other times I like some Korean music or Japanese music.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hip Hop beats or Chillstep are the main genres I listen to while gaming, but I turn Spotify on from time to time and listen to random songs.

8. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually like to listen to the game soundtrack, especially when playing Pokemon. I just really like it. :D

9. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me the music is vital for me to really get in to the game, and it serves I think as something fundamental to the games atmos. But if Im playing an MMO and I've heard the same track to the point of boredom, then Ill stick on some Trance or Stream a bit of Chill Radio in the background.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really listen to any music while playing, but I like to listen of the soundtrack of the game. I really want myself to part of the game or to be immersed in the game. And also, need to concentrate to the game I'm playing.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only listen to in game music unless the music choice was particularly terrible, which thankfully most of the time isn't. If I had to pick substitutes outside of the game I'd pick something that wen well with it or maybe have a similar feel to the atmosphere of the game. I used to play a helicopter game before where I always put on rock music.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I usually just listen to whatever I currently have in iTunes.

Here's a great song I've been listening to a lot.

Though usually if it's my first time in a game, I try and listen to the game without my music. If I've played it many times, or it's an MMO, then I'll put on my music.

13. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I watch an anime, I always get an mp3 of the soundtracks if I like them. Then I add them to my playlist. I do this for some games as well. Then I replay them while gaming. Sometimes I get this anime feeling while playing a game because of the songs I'm listening to.

14. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I listen to music all the time! It doesn't matter what it is, I love it. I highly recommend Karnivool if you're into jammy progressive alternate rockmetaly territory <3

15. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

Funny how you suggest this and I was just listening to some of this yesterday to unwind on a friday evening. I have a wide range of genres I listen to when it comes to music. Each of them I tend to do depending on my mood. I do enjoy listening to even the radio at times though.

16. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Spotify is a great tool to listen to your favorite tracks at the same time when playing a game. Not all the games have a feature to add your own user tracks and that's why I prefer making my own playlists for different kinds of moods and different kinds of games.

17. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really like Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers or even Primus or Tool, dependes on my mood... Or in game music if it's good, why not.

18. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I will never in my life forget the summer of 2007 when I first had a desire to move away from rap and hip-hop and learn more about other music. I downloaded an album of 500 greatest songs of all time and just played them on repeat while I played Gothic 3. Unreal experience, probably one of the most fun ones I ever had.

Nowadays though, I tend to lean more towards contemporary music while I game. I do tend to have some electronic music (something I don't ever listen to) while I code.

fuumarumota likes this.
  19. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

And may I ask what album?

I experienced something similar, but it was way back then, around 1993.... I moved from 90's pop to Grunge and Alternative Rock.

20. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I believe it's actually called 500 Greatest Songs of All Time by Rolling Stone magazine.