Music you listen to when gaming!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by Majestic, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Zeon

Zeon New Member

I like to listen to Tenacious D when in the thick of combat during a game! Dunno why but it really gets me going, even when I'm splattered across the floor! :p

2. Ald

Ald Jack Burton

Maiden. It's always Maiden.

3. Papaj

Papaj Member

^ This man has the only acceptable answer. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and everything else classic 80's Iron Maiden.

4. Starfleck

Starfleck Member

I listen to K-Love on "I Heart Radio" sometimes, but I tend to prefer in-game music. Other than that, I have a bunch of old christian rock CD's that I'll either pop in or rip to my computer and turn into a playlist.

I know it seems like a strange music choice, but I was raised in a largely protestant church family, and that's one thing that I've retained. It's not like I want to be all "praise & worship" in my music choice (actually quite the contrary), I simply like the beats, and they usually have a great positive message. I am picky though, I don't like most of what's out there.

Other than that, I actually grew up with a big alternative rock theme to my music. Stuff like Smashing Pumpkins and Third Eye Blind is right up my ally.

5. Sedge

Sedge Active Member

It's awesome now how you can simply add your playlists to the game itself and have your tunes play depending upon where you are/what's going on.

6. Charon

Charon Member

I tend not to be too fussy when generally gaming - I've got quite a diverse musical taste to begin with and it doesn't put me off to listen to a particular thing. But I have a bit of an oddity when it comes to FPS's in that I much prefer listening to classical music whilst playing.

7. KlasKatt

KlasKatt Member

ABBA! belive it or not, it's the greatest gaming music there is! Nothing like doing some pvp and owning everybody to the tunes of dancing queen!

8. EXMachina

EXMachina New Member

9. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I have this huge rap playlists on spotify containing Eminem, Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z etc.. I usually just listen to rap music which is my favorite genre. Either that or I'll put on the radio.

10. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

It depends on what game I'm playing and what mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll listen to extreme metal, sometimes pop music, sometimes even dance, and at times I like to listen to some Ninja Sex Party. For those who don't know who they are, they're a comedy band and yes, they're awesome!

But some of my favorite music to listen to while gaming is atmospheric, drone, etc. Yes I said it, drone. One band I listen to the most while gaming, especially if it's say Skyrim, or other MMORPGs, is Alcest. I'll post a song below. ;)

11. LazyEye

LazyEye Member

I listen my own, secret SoundCloud playlist.

12. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I generally don't listen to music while gaming, but I do have the television running majority of the time. Usually it's Family Guy or something to that effect.

13. sanders89

sanders89 Active Member

I like listening to evanescense and eisley, I find that those two bands really get me in a certain mood for gaming. I love how the music is kind of dark and mysterious and then the women's voices are so amazing.

14. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

I listen to a lost of post-rock-instrumental music while gaming as I find it's very un-distracting and I can get a long with things with a clearer head than if I was listening to rock or indie with words.

15. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

I do a lot of photography and listen to lots of music as well as play games. I've spent far too much time gaming in the past so i'm focusing on more of my other hobbies nowadays.

16. shiftermob

shiftermob Member

haha I love listening to Nightcore while gaming!

17. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends on which game and what I am doing in the game. If I am playing Bejeweled 3, I normally listen to trance, drum and bass or chill out house. If I am leveling an MMORPG like WoW or SWTOR, then I listen to Dub, trance or chill out house. If I am playing immersive games like Fallout 3, then I listen to rock, alternative and possibly opera.

18. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

I listen to a lot of music, but currently, I'm more on the indie rock side of things. Bands like CHVRCHES, The 1975, Passion Pit, and Echosmith come to mind when I'm playing games.

19. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I listen to new popular music when I am gaming.
    I usually listen with an MP3 or something while I am doing something on the computer too.

20. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

High School Musical Soundtracks.

Nah, I was joking :D.

Probably I would be listening to Linkin Park/Trance or some random tunes (I am a diverse guy when it comes to music) that I just got into.