Quantcast

Most immersive RPG you ever played?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by grinder, Sep 10, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Hi guys, whats your most immersive RPG you ever played? Mine is GTA and Skyrim. I can't really decide which one because they're really at a high level of quality and I would myself a bit speachless talking about which one is the best. What about you?

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I've played Ragnarok since it's inception 10 years ago. I didn't play for free before it was cool and the payments almost killed me. I've gone through various servers, characters and maps. I've created new accounts for other LevelUp games too-- if that's not immersive enough I don't know what is.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Dark Souls is probably the most immersive game I've played. Persona 4 and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne were also really immersive for me, specially Persona 4 which really sucked me in.

The lack of music and the great ambience really makes Dark Souls immersive. It's really quite special.

Persona 4 feels most immersive while its raining, something about the rain in that game makes me feel really immersed.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I would say Morrowind since it was my first console RPG and I had no idea what I was doing. It was fun wandering around the world and it was the first game that got me into Bethesda. I still play it every now and then, especially since I was able to track the GOTY edition of the game.

5. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Dark souls is up there, and so is Skyrim, the gritty feel to the first and the difficulty, the second one is more of the feel of the game and the story bringing you in.

6. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim. So easy to get lost in that game with regard to time and immersion. I become really invested in the character and story line.

7. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim. I really love that game. The first time I played it I thought it was crap because it really didn't have cut scenes to tell the story but as I play through it I realized how much I relied on cut scenes to relay the story and Skyrim did a really great job of telling you a story without having to interrupt you with cut scenes which really immerses you in the game and makes you feel like you're actually inside the world of Skyrim.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim definitely, that first person action was amazing. I felt like I was in the game when I was playing, and that combined with the fact that the story is amazing + you have a lot of freedom made me play for hours and hours daily.

9. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

I think Oblivion and Fallout 3 were the most immersive for me. I remember playing Oblivion for hours and that it took over my dreams. :p I got so immersed in the game that I dreamed about running and jumping through the fields when I went to bed.

As for Fallout 3, I really liked the destroyed world and the sense of "loneliness" you felt when wandering. Its world and characters really drew me in.

10. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy 3 was probably the RPG I was the most engrossed in when I was younger. That and playing regular D&D with my brothers and cousins. There's nothing like playing an actual quest and using you're imagination.

11. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim. The game is just so well done. The immersion the game provides is huge. My only problem is the low number of voice actors.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Skyrim and Fallout 3. Though I thin Fallout 4 will be a close contender when t comes out!

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

The original Deus Ex. It's my favorite game actually. Morrowind is up there too.

14. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

I'd say the most immersive RPG I've played is definitely Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The soundtrack is incredible and I love the way the NPCs react. The graphics are pretty good and the game helps you a little more than Morrowind but not as much as Skyrim does. It's a fantastic game overall.

15. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

Dark Souls was probably most immersive for me. The completely depressing feel of the game rubbed off with the dilipidated environment and sad, hopeless storyline.

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I'd go with Skyrim, it's just so big and even years after it came out I was still playing, still discovering new things. Not to mention a pretty decent graphical engine and a really good mod support. The music is another thing that's really well done. Hm. I think Skyrim's the only game I'd give 10 out of 10 in the last few years. Maybe GTA V, but that's only because I was a GTA fan first and foremost.

17. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

Oh, yeah, I remember that one! Didn't quite play it, though I enjoyed the beginning a lot. I found however that as you progressed in the story line, everything got monotonous to a big extent. Am I wrong?

18. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Probably Persona 4, because the characters you meet in that game... it was like they were my friends for real. Yeah I said a really cheesy thing. :p You care for them a lot during the whole journey because you hang out with them and you know them at a personal level. It's not just about finding out how the story ends, it's about the adventure and to have fun and to meet all these people and knowing their stories and so on.
    I cried when the game ended, no joke. Probably one of the most enjoyable experiences I ever witnessed in a videogame. That's why I cannot wait to play Persona 5, if only to have just a slice of what I enjoyed so much from 4.

19. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Only if you did the storyline and didn't explore. I would usually do a mission or two and then wander the countryside for wilderness quests and dungeon runs. One of the fun things I did was track down all the shipwrecks along the coastlines and pillage it. I'm currently collecting a bunch of Grand Soul gems so I can collect the souls of all the members (with the exception of Dagoth Ur) of the Sixth House.

20. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

For me it was Baldur`s Gate II for a long time. Now, it is definitely Fallout 4. And they even managed to implement a really good story.