Quantcast

Most disappointing RPG sequels?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by rosacrux, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Good thing is, FF XIV is really fun to play, and it seems the devs went back to the roots when developing it. Even though it is a pay to play MMO game, I highly recommend it to any FF fan.

2. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

In fairness, I actually quite enjoyed Chrono Cross in regards to the game-play, story-line, and unique game mechanics and vast amount of characters to play as. I think unfortunately the biggest down-side was the ending was kind wasn't the best but if you unlocked some of the unique ones, it was a fun game over-all. I wouldn't say it lived up to Chrono Trigger of course, but it wasn't that bad of a game, really.

I think most games after Final Fantasy 9 for me personally just weren't as good, and quite frankly the characters and game-play just wasn't as satisfying. I mean, the games were still fun but it just didn't feel the same.

Same with after Final Fantasy Tactics. The ones that followed were kind of lacking the same appeal that the PSX game had, which was very unfortunate as I was much looking forward to a game that felt like a true sequel.