Quantcast

More Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by Joker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Joker

Joker Member

Will EA and Bioware keep making Mass Effect games? I have a feeling they'll do spin-off games or expand on the universe. What do you guys think? I'm not too big on adding another game when it's already set as a trilogy. *cough* Halo 4 *cough*.

2. Gambino

Gambino Member

I don't think they're going to make a Mass Effect 4, but do a spin-off game like you mentioned. The game ended, why continue the story? I want something new, a new main character and a new world if possible. I wonder what they can do in a spin-off, there's so much they could do and I would totally buy it.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't think they will make another Mass Effect game, but if they ever do it would most likely have to do with some kind of back story.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

Obviously that storyline is finished. However I wouldn't be surprised seeing a similar game based in the same universe, most likely before the whole reaper thing started.

5. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

OF course they will! The franchise is such a cash cow that they would be stupid not to do something with it. It's basically impossible that we will not see some more Mass Effect.

6. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

If they make another Mass Effect, I would really like to see them do a completely original character who is a regular person rather than the savior of the universe. Maybe you can be someone who tries to fight against a group of extremists who are trying to take advantage of the state the Reapers left the galaxy in. One thing I think the Mass Effect series did really well is the portrayal of its cities. I would love to be able to have more areas where I can just run around a science fiction skyscraper shopping around for space hamsters.

7. crimsonghost747

I like the way you think. I prefer games where you are more of a regular guy rather than someone who, for no apparent reason, is the only hope mankind has left.

8. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

No, I don't think that they will release another ME game. The main story ended and after you decided the faith of the galaxy Shepard died. They can release some extensions, expanding the main story and adding characters and missions, but this is only a marketing scheme.

9. crimsonghost747

For sure this storyline is over. However as I mentioned earlier there are still a lot of opportunities for more games, for example the Krogan genocide, maybe something between the Geth and the.... what's the name of the race who created them? You get the point, there was a lot of interesting events which are only mentioned in a historical sense.

10. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I really hope they make a new ME, but if it's anything like ME3 then no, I don't want it.
    ME3 was a bad game and if they think that's the kind of game the fans want, then I'd rather replay the first two games.

11. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

There are rumours floating around that there is a fourth Mass Effect in developement, only time will tell if this proves to be fact or fiction.