Quantcast

Mobius Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Narukami, May 16, 2015.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

So I just heard about this game. It's a spin-off for mobile and, surprisingly, it actually sounds neat enough. Only announced for Japan so far, however.

I don't know anything about the story, other than that the character is called Wal and he is an amnesiac in the world of Paramitia. I guess the story is gonna have him rediscovery his memories or something.

Anyway, what interest me is the combat system. It sounds a tad unique. Seems you have both melee and ranged attack options, for one. During battle, you obtain "elements" which you can use up to perform abilities (which seem to double as summons, since Shiva is the ice attack). You can also use elements to buff your defense. Enemies have weaknesses that, when exploited continuously, will cause their Break Gauge to be drained and then they will weakened, allowing you to wail on them. Finally, it makes use of the Job System (which is one of my favorite FF systems).

It looks pretty good too, graphically. So I thought I would make a topic about it because it looks pretty interesting for a phone game. I'm keeping an eye on it if it gets localized, though it probably won't.