Mobile gaming vs. PC gaming

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by elmarianexx, Jul 26, 2015.

1. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

From a developers perspective I prefer mobile gaming in terms of monetization. Mobile limitations not only hold back large gaming companies, they also hold back small developers. It sounds bad to most, but realistically it means that small developer studios or individuals have a chance to compete with large brands and companies.
    From a gamers perspective, computers for the win.

2. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

My thoughts exactly. As a gamer, the answer is a no-brainer. I don’t think many people would choose mobile gaming over gaming on a high-end gaming PC. However, as a developer, they’re pretty close. The PC market is also very accessible for developers, which is why it’s full of so many indie games. However, it’s also a very crowded market. Good indie games can often be overshadowed by great ones. The mobile market is equally accessible and equally easy to develop for, and it’s not quite as bloated. If you have an original idea and you execute it well, it can really take off.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's really easy to develop a mobile app, but since the market is so oversaturated you need some good skills to promote it. What can help you is having an original idea combined with a decent beta app. It can really take off, as you said.

4. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

I understand. It seems like everything is super expensive nowadays. I have an iPod classic and it's pretty awesome. It has a ton of storage too.

5. atlantasports

I would not say that it is "really easy". It takes time and it takes a lot of hard work to make an app.

6. atlantasports

You definitely have to have some marketing schemes and skills to create an app.

7. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

In my experience marketing has been the hardest part of launching successful apps. Especially on a low budget. Even using social media as a source to reach more people is difficult as people will regard your comments as spam and forcefully skip over it without considering the time and effort put into the creation of it.

8. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that they meant that it was easier than developing some for, say, the PS4. For people who are just beginning to develop programs, games or applications, the PC and mobile markets are the easiest to develop for.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That goes without saying. What I'm trying to aim at is the fact that if you're really passionate about something doing a mobile game is relatively easy compared to a PC one.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on what app you're doing. If you have the basics down you can make a basic app pretty easily. I meant "really easy" for the ones that are already a bit experienced with the programming languages.

11. atlantasports

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood the original statement.

12. atlantasports

That last sentence is still debatable, because there are still some experienced workers who have some trouble with creating apps.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

You aren't going to get "experienced" if you don't start developing apps by yourself. You can't be a programmer if you only know the syntax of a certain programming language, and that comes from a soon-to-be developer. Yay! :D

14. atlantasports

I guess you have a point haha. Congrats! What are you going to be developing?

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm looking to start an RPG game that's going to have a mobile version and a browser one too, I expect it'll be done in 2017. It's a really big project, but it's going to be worth it in the end! :D

16. atlantasports

That's actually super awesome! Keep us updated.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Will do, I'll start a kickstarter project soon so hopefully that goes well. I don't have a really big goal so it should be easily achievable.

18. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd rather on my mobile phone. I just think it's easier.

19. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC Gaming all the way. I don't get how anyone could prefer mobile gaming over PC gaming. The latter is obviously superior in every way possible. I don't even think mobile games are up there near the rank PC games are at. Can mobile games be excellent? Sure, but they'll never be near the level PC games are in.

20. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I definitely prefer PC gaming. Mobile gaming only on the move, or when I don't have access to my PC for any other reason. Mobile games are usually too basic\casual to entertain me for longer periods of time.