Mobile games stagnating?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Sep 9, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

As you may know already smartphones are starting to rise and rise, but if you take a look on the Play Store there aren't many games that really put your phone to the test. Why do you think this happens?

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not exactly sure. Maybe because they want you to pay a lot for them if they are out there.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the yearly releases are too fast for how fast the technology is advancing, they should take more time to make their phones better. Hardware manufacturers can't keep up with the demand really (see what happened this year, SD810 turned out to be a flop and now companies are panicking).

4. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm guessing it's because they want their games to be able to be played by as many people as possible. The more players, the more profits. And we all know how developers and companies are all about profits.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep and its because programming graphically advanced games for Android is a waste of time because people don't want to pay much for them.

6. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thank you! And now that you've brought it up, that's a very valid point as well - most people don't want to pay much for them. I for one wouldn't, I and I spend a hell lot of time on my phone playing games.

36 people like this.
  7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

People don't want to pay 60$ for games like GTA 5 let alone something on Android. Some Android devs have already tried doing advanced stuff on it but they probably regretted it.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

As cool as my iPhone is, there is no way I would have it solely to play video games. No matter how advanced a phone may be, it will never be on the same level as a handheld console and because of that, there will be little variety of games that can be played since most phones aren't capable of running games the same way a handheld could.

9. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nowadays, lots of them are available on the appstore/playstore.

10. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

By mentioning playstore, I think you mean for Android phones. It's true there aren't many games especially for people who like variety.

But it doesn't mean that games are few. There are many games but not all are made for Android while others cannot be found in playstore because you can download them from game site. Some come with the type of windows you have especially on your computer.