Mobile Game Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by alexiskilgannon, Nov 9, 2015.

1. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am a pretty picky person when it comes to mobile games. It's hard for a game to keep my attention because many of them feel the same to me. I've come to enjoy games like Angry Birds, The Silent Age, and Clash of Clans (this got old pretty quick, though.)

I'm interested in finding some new games to play while I'm on the move. It's nice to pull my phone out and get some game play in from time to time. I just feel like I'm at a loss for finding anything worth looking into. I really like the idea of something with a good, solid storyline.

Do you know of any good games?
    What would you recommend?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Does your phone have Android? If so try Implosion - Never Lose Hope. It's a pretty good game with nice graphics.

3. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I guess I should have mentioned that in the original post. I do have android, so your suggestion is awesome. I am going to download that game right now and give it a go. :)

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Even though I don't play that many games on mobile, I've always had fun with Subway Surfers. Smash Hit is also one of the games I've enjoyed, although I don't think I've purchased the full game. Ingress is a very fun game, it's more real life urban exploration though. It's really cool, it's based around these centers of power, or artifacts, which are spread around your city. You get a picture of it and a rough location and it's up to you to go there and take control of the position. There are two factions battling for control and like I said, it's a lot more interesting as an urban exploration sort of thing, especially if you go to a new city and want to explore it.

60 people like this.
  5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ingress sounds pretty interesting, think I'm gonna check it out.

6. d'arakh

Regular

You definitely should! I used it at first when I moved the my current city when it was all new to me and I actually managed to make some friends through this game, although they were a lot more hardcore about it. They even organized trips to other cities to go play this game. Well, to explore and have fun there as well, but it was the game which inspired them.

7. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I have been playing a mobile game called "Kingdoms at War (KaW)" for over 4 years. For 3 years it was in apples top grossing apps and is still thriving. Its an interactive war game where you ca join clans and make enemies/friends. It is a little beginning to start out as a new player but if you find the right person to help you, you'll most likely be addicted in no time. Hope to see you around the game some time!

8. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I'm not familiar with Subway Surfers. It sounds interesting enough. Two people also mentioned Ingress, so that might be something I'll look into as well. Do you mean that the game has you go to actual real-life locations?

9. d'arakh

Regular

Yes, on the game screen you see your city's map (or whichever city you're in) with locations marked and which faction has a control over it and it's up to you to actually stand up and walk/drive/ride your bike there and overtake the control of the position. It's like real-life artifact collecting, really fun way to spend a day.

10. alexiskilgannon

Regular

This is a super interesting way to build a game. I'm going to give this a try sometime! I'd love to do this for an entire day sometime. I'm going to download it tonight and give it a go.

60 people like this.
  11. d'arakh

Regular

Just don't go exploring the city during the night!
    I can't say enough about this game though, where I live cities are really close and I once caught up with a crew who rode their bikes a town next to ours to play. Absolute madness.

60 people like this.
  12. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I have had this game on my phone for a few weeks now. It's a bit difficult to understand at first, but I still need to explore it a bit more. I finally understood that you can't just simply walk up to things and you actually have to interact. It's a pretty awesome concept.

13. Funky Fingers

Regular

Personally I find Subway Surfers to be the type of game that gets EXTREMELY boring if you play it too often. Just like games that are similar to Subway Surfers such as Flappy Birds, Geometry Dash, and Tomb Raider but maybe that's just me.

14. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

How is Tomb Raider similar to those games ?

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't play games too much on my phone but I do have some interesting ones: Smash Office, Hearthstone, aa., GYRO and Real Racing 3.

16. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I could have sworn that Hearthstone was a game on PC. I had no idea that it was available through mobile gaming. Smash Office sounds interesting, what is it about? When I think of a Smash Office, it reminds me of the scene from Office Space. That or you're continuously stapling things throughout the game, ha ha. I'll have to look into Hearthstone. If it's available on Mobile, it'll be a bit more convenient for me. :)

17. d'arakh

Regular

Exactly, it is a game like that, that's why I don't play it to often haha. I usually don't play games on my phone that much anyway, but when I do, it's usually a "boring" repetitive game like Subway Surfers. It's mostly just so my brain can relax to be honest.

18. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

How's the hearthstone app? I play World of Warcraft, and I've played some of Hearthstone on my PC but I usually get bored too quickly. I would probably play the app more to pass the time, though. Does it function well? I obviously have my doubts about it haha.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends on your phone, but it's pretty decent in terms of performance. Obviously not as smooth as on PC, they need to optimize it better.

20. Funky Fingers

Regular

Just found another great game on the app store/android store, its called 'SMASH" and is made by a company called ATA (A thinking ape). It's a free game with in game purchases available, a little complex and confusing but just ask for help in the global chat and you should be fine. Haven't spent a dime on it and having tons of fun.