Minecraft Movie in Production

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by firestarian, Mar 3, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I doubt this movie will ever see the light of day. Far too many production issues.

2. Marcu_s

Marcu_s Member

It should be quite interesting, and considering the variety of characters present in the game, the have a lot of room for creative story lines! Has a date been set yet for the movies launch?

3. JackHaal

JackHaal Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just like a normal movie but it takes place in Minecraft. That'd still be really cool and I'd definitely watch it.

4. Aakash

Aakash Member

I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that it will be aimed at very young children (age of 9 or lower), but the cinemas will still be filled with 30 year old neckbeards, who will either leave disappointed or euphoric. I have very low hopes and doubt that it will ever be released. Stinks of a money-grab and any vague connection to minecraft they try to make will be totally superficial. Games like Resident Evil or Street Fighter were able to be made into films because they have legitimate law and action that could be considered cinema worthy, whereas minecraft has no lore and no real action.

5. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

That looks pretty cool. I remember seeing a couple of movies about Minecraft. The main plot was centralized around pirates or something. It was about 2 or 3 years ago, so I can't quite remember the name.

6. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

I can already tell you my son is going to make me buy it for him the day it comes out on video. He's obsessed with minecraft. What's really cool about it is it sounds like something he and I can oth enjoy. There aren't many movies like that.

7. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

It's going to be nice to have a movie I can sit down and enjoy with my son. There aren't many movies at all that we both like. He's obsessed though, and I'm sure I'll have to buy it as soon as it comes to video. Lol

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't wait for this movie. I watched Lego last year and it was a good movie. I don't know how they will do it but I'm excited.

9. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I guess minecraft has enough elements in the game to make the movie unique and not just a lego movie under a different brand. They have to somehow stick Hebrobrine in there.. I'm just saying..

10. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

This actually sounds pretty dang interesting, mostly because something like this would very likely impact the game itself and quite possibly the direction of the game, which I suppose could always be bad but I think the guys over at mojang have a good handle on what they are doing. Also, the lego movie was awesome, that is all.

11. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Even though I know this is real, it's still hard to believe. Minecraft: Story Mode is one thing. But a full blown movie? I guess in a way it shouldn't be too hard. Just make up any old story, make it block in appearance, and presto Minecraft the Movie is born.