Metro Roleplay part 2

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by BORIS13, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Walking down the hallway, books were shredded to pieces, lying around everywhere. Pages of pages ripped out of the books and thrown onto the filthy floor. I lifted my fist up in the air, signing the team to stop. Nothing was at the end of the hallway, but I had the feeling there was. Then a librarian came out into the hallway, some meters in front of us, not really noticing us. It seemed busy tearing apart a book. "Save the lead" I said as the librarian finally noticed us and slowly started walking towards us. "The sounds would only cause other creatures to hear us. I can handle this, but I will be counting on your support if I may not" I said.

I hooked the P90 onto my backpack, took the backpack off me and laid it on the floor before I walked forwards towards the approaching librarian in a calmed and relaxed, but still proud and determined way with my shoulders sky-high. I had decided not to stop before the librarian. As we approached each other, it made a little threatening growl. I started wondering if it would stop at all, as we got closer, but it eventually did, and not a moment too soon. I was now close enough to smell the torturing stinch of the librarian's breath against my face. The blood in my veins wanted to flow faster, but I controlled it. I was, in my mind, frightened. But physically, I was calmed.

At the sanctuary, I had been taught to control my physical body in ways that was difficult to achieve for any normal person. I could stop my own heart from beating. My pulse was beating slowly, and the librarian noticed it. It watched my every muscle-movement and breath. It smelled my calmness, and did not notice what fear was raging in my mind. It knew that I had claimed this area as my territory, and that I was brave enough to keep it. It slowly up, turned around and walked away, around the corner. I stood there, staring forward silently for a while. Then I turned around. "Is it any further to the manhole, Vlad?" I asked.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Come on, guys, we can't be this slow forever! :D

3. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

As we walked down the endless coridor littered with old books and paper another librarian was in our sights, Benjamin saw i first and he signaled us to stop hoping that it will just go away but it didnt, the librarian noticed our presence and started to walk towards us.
    We were helpless, 2 injured and i could barely fight, we could not take down another librarian but Benjamin was way ahead of my thinking he left his backpack on the ground and took his P90 with him, i hope he wont attack it we wouldnt stand a chance if i said that the librarian would sence my fear and attack us so i stayed silent.
    Benjamin walked towards it as it started to growl but Benjamin didnt budge, in the end the librarian walked away, i do not know if they can feel fear, but somehow benjamin showed that they we are not to be trifled with, then he walked back towards us and asked me if we got any more to walk "It's over there" I pointed out on this big hole in the ground "But i have to say, i would not whant to be on your bad side, now indomitable people first hmmm."

In case u didn know Indomitable means someone whos will cannot be broken no matter what is put infront of him

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I looked over at the hole Vlad was pointing at. "If one is indomitable, one is either completely foolish, or one is able to separate one's mind from one's body. That is one of the things I was taught in Japan. What I physically just performed, was the quite opposite from what was going on in my mind. Now, what is down that hole, exactly?" I asked, not really wanting to jump down a hole that I knew nothing of.

5. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Well deppend on how lucky we are, maybe we will find none or maybe we will find about 50 mutants or so, i cant tell, if Cursed still has survivors fighting, maybe we will find only a few but then i will have to go join the defence while you help Boris and Roach, ive sworn to help Cursed in any way i can if im in the vicinity if there are survivors there, its a long story one that i dont have time to tell.
    Now the tunel is separated into 2 areas, one is a sidetunel used to store supplies which could have less mutants but its longer, the other is the main tunel which i think you can guess what it is, short and dangerous, Which one do we go through?

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

(I was just waiting for Vlad to lead us, otherwise I would have posted. :))

"Let's take the safer tunnel. We aren't in any state to fight, and being attacked by mutants will slow us down anyway". Also, I was sh*t scared of the recent librarians, and facing more mutants would be a problem. I felt a headache coming, and my mind filled with dread. "No" I whispered, unaware I was speaking out loud, "Damn it!"

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

"I feel quite invulnerable at this moment, but we have to keep in mind our injured ones. We will have to go through the long one, though the short one is tempting" I said as I strapped the headlight onto my head and turned it on before I jumped down into the hole. I aimed around with the P90, securing the room. "The area is clear, you may proceed" I said back up to them with a not too loud voice. When jumping down the hole, I felt my whole body aching from when I was thrown into that wall by the librarian. My every muscle was aching from it, but at least I was no longer hungry. "We should get moving".

8. Von Streff

Regular

"Okay, Benjamin, the doctor will come down, so you two will have to get that end of the stretcher. Boris is strapped in tightly, so no worries about him falling out. Vlad and Roach'll bring up the rear". The doctor went down, his sullen attitude slowly dissipating when he realized he wasn't going to be shot out of hand. We got the stretcher down, and as Vlad passed Roach down I asked "Is it safe to take these bloody gasmasks off down here? Or deeper down?"

9. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

As we began to descend down to the lower level i awoke for the third time with a huge pain in my back. Then suddenly i heard a swear and the whole object that i was lying on fell to the floor as i hit my jaw on a pipe. i bit my teeth in pain and blacked out once again.

10. craneum123

craneum123 Well-Known Member

SOOOOOOO sorry guys but you have probably gathered that I can no longer take part in this roleplay due to school work and stress :( I will be on occasionally but I don't have the time for roleplay, I might come back to it one day with a new character! so don't think i'm gone completely!!

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, you can't just bail out of the story without RPing dying or anything D: Can you die? :3

12. Von Streff

Regular

We could just dump him at the next station, at the doctor's, and he can come back anytime. :)

We were all down in the tunnel, and I turned on my torch. I hoped no Librarians would decided to follow us, but I guessed we were leaving their territory. I just hoped that whatever lay before us would be more forgiving.

13. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

The road ahead was very dangerous, but i knew it well enough...and the tunell knew me, what lies here are things that defy reality so i had to make a decision, i taped benjamins shoulder and i said "Benjamin, i think i should lead on from here, i know this tunell more than anyone else, here take Roach" after i passed Roach to Benjamin i took out my M4A1 and walked through the secondary tunell, it was very quite nothing was moving, but i didnt told my friends what lies here that makes it safe, the past is haunting this tunell, and it offers no mercy. "Guys, i havent told you why this tunell is much more safer than the other, its haunted, cursed...havent you noticed that nothing is living here, rats, spiders, mutants it's because of what is lurking here, the past is guarding this place, but have no fear i know this tunell well enough and it knows me, listen to what i say and we will live, not listen to me and you will join it, now lets hurry we shouldn stay here to long" as i said that i started to pray in a language not many know, and neither I have a word for where it came from, but i knew that it was tied to this tunell and it will guard us for the things to come.

#173 Vlad, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  14. Von Streff

Regular

("And it knows me" Ha ha, awesome!)

I looked at Vlad with apprehension. But he had got us this far, and there was only one way to go, so I followed. The darkness seemed thicker in here, almost tangible, and it seemed to breathe, like a living creature, a hell-beast.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

We started moving down the tunnel. Vlad passed Roach to me and thereafter took the lead. I carried Roach just the way I had carried the officer. With his stomach against the back of my neck, his arms in my right hand and his legs in my left hand. Which reminded me of the officer. I wondered what he could be doing at that moment. With only one arm. I was surprised that he had even survived the massive blood loss. I was a little surprised that nobody had asked about it. But.. meh, I could still see why they wouldn't. Nobody propably wanted to mention the officer at all. Especially not Roach.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Vlad told us about the tunnel. He started speaking in tongues. Unknown to the most. An exception of those, was me. It was one of the many things I had learnt in the sanctuary in Japan, and now I heard it here, in Russia. That was when I knew that it was spreaded across the world by few. Not only at one area. "Vladimir, may I ask where and how you've learnt such speach?" I asked cautiously, thinking of what may could hear my voice.

16. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Benjamin was quite a wise man but he was always hungry for more knowledge than most people would, which could lead to his own demise, so i used my words carefully on his question "That is a tricky question one of which i do not know how to answer with certenty but it's not something you learn, it how you feel towards a certain thing it's part of who you are, there are some thing that you cannot learn in any form but you are born with it, when i was young..." i do not know if this is a wise decision but he needs to know that not everything is supposed to be known to man "...i used to see the dead, i could hear them scream, suffer, asking for help, i was terriffied thats why i was not a very social person, i used to keep to myself in fear that i would panic infront of everyone withough them knowing what i am seeing, my past was troubled but i lived with it, now benjamin one thing that you need to know is that just words are empty shells that will not be heard by some, the emotions you are pouring in them make them heard, and only a few can do that...i am one of them, there are many secrets about me that you do not know, many of which you cannot comprehand, one last thing...Cursed is the station i lived in and protected since the nukes fell, this is why im sworn to help, now enouch chatter, we got work to do."
    Hellava twist hah xD you no not who i am :)

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

I didn't answer. He did not seem to want to chat about it. Especially not at that very moment. There are indeed some things that man should not know, but these sayings, I did. I was not born with it like him, but this was something one could learn. I still doubted that it would work if I said the words myself. But I partially knew what they meant. Prayers for the souls of the dead to have mercy over the souls of the living. In this case, when passing through their territory. Vlad had the gifted ability to use the words, but I wondered if he actually knew what they meant at all.

18. Von Streff

Regular

After their talk, everyone was silent. The only sounds were our feet and an occasional grunt or moan from our wounded companions. Deep howls could be heard, almost rumblings, somewhere far beneath our feet, sometimes echoing through an empty maintenance tunnel which went off into the darkness.

"Vlad, how much further do you think it will be?" I asked.

19. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Silence had overcome our group while walking through the tunel, nothing would dare go here if it keeps to its life, looking back at Steven to answer his question i said "We have about 30 minutes left to walk there." then i started to hear a train, not an ordinary one, one that is haunting this tunell reliving its past over and over again, i kept cool and looked for a place to hide spoting a door that led into an empty room, i said "Aw dammit, left side is a room get inside it, go go go!" i yelled, if that train touches us we will be stuck in the past for ever

20. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

a little tip. dont keep repeating scenes from the game :) add something new. but keep it metroish. not too fictional