Metro Redux announced

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, May 22, 2014.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

"Atomize: convert (a substance) into very fine particles or droplets", "reduce to atoms" or "break up into small units"... how can you interpret that as something being created? Minus all the scientific meanings and stuff about conversion, it is obviously mean to be just a fancy way of saying they were destroyed. :p As for the spiritual elements in both games, I like them but I think the way such things were handled in the original book was much better. It didn't go too far and everything could have a fairly reasonable explanation (like the gas escaping from the pipes that may have caused Artyom to see things), so this way it was more enigmatic and depended more so on your interpretation of the events rather than what someone told you in a game/book.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, I've never really learned about the word, so I assumed it means to turn something (possibly something abstract) into atoms. Atomize it; turn something abstract into actual existence.
    (Because everything exists of atoms, it's what everything is made of). :p

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Fair enough, I see how you could come to that conclusion. As a non-native English speaker, I'm just used to looking up words I don't understand through Google. I do it very often, even if I know the word I tend to do it out of habit. :lol:

4. New video from IGN.

EDIT: Dead City again, not much different from the Gamespot video earlier, but we get to see about six more minutes of footage.

And Huw Beynon is potentially talking about my playthrough where I killed exactly one man at 9:15 (I also killed a whole 0 people in M2033), but I really wouldn't hold my breath about that :D

#84 Komodo Saurian, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  5. Release date is on the 26th of August in US and 29 everywhere else.

You can't tell us when to play. Use a US proxy on the 26th, activate the game, restart Steam in Offline mode, enjoy the game.

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Komodo is genius....Komodo is knowledge.... Komodo topples Google.... Komodo.... Komodo.... o_O....:bowdown:

7. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Attaboy Komo.

8. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

are you 100% sure?
    i've seen the videos, its way too much detail, i dont want any unpleasant surprises

4GB ram is ok?

i want to play both games on highest settings :eek:

9. Potarto

You could get by with 4GB of RAM, and probably be fine if it's all you're got. But if you're thinking of upgrading, then at least 6GB, reasonably 8GB if you're going for dual-channel, is always nice for gaming in general.

10. BrownyGaming

BrownyGaming Member

What new content?

Is this all just improving the graphics and performance of the game or are they adding more content to the game?

11. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Will you now be able to turn off hitmarkers?

12. Potarto

We've seen some expanded areas to search in 2033, not sure about Last Light.
    Range mode disables hitmarkers, so in a way, yes. And Ranger mode will be much more fun in LL due to not having to keep a mental tally of every shot, and instead being able to check your backpack like a sensible human being.

13. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

I got a response on twitter and you can disable them in the options menu besides being disabled by default on ranger mode.

Want to see more of 2033 Redux the gamespot video they showed I'm not sure how I feel about how bright 2033 looks now.

#93 DarkOne, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  14. Duffy

Duffy New Member

Read in an article that there making the games more "brighter". Hope that's just a rumor or they include an option to make it look the way it's supposed to look. The dark and gloominess really makes the atmosphere and it would suck if they changed that..

15. Potarto

I dunno, one of the new BF4 DLC maps has a really neat "snowblind" effect. We'll just have to wait and see, and worst case scenario, we still have the original 2033.
    [youtube]Y-ps_i_KzC0[/youtube]

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

17. Metro Redux will be launching in August, bringing together fully remastered versions of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light for Xbox One and PS4; and we can exclusively bring you both of the game's separate 1000G achievement lists. Offering 98 achievements across both titles (49 each), Metro Redux's lists are worth a total of 2000 Gamerscore.

Metro 2033's list brings 17 new achievements to the party, tasking you with dispatching a certain number of enemies, locating Artyom's hidden diary pages, wiping your gas mask, adopting the stealthy approach and getting sozzled on booze at every given opportunity. You'll also need to complete the game's Survival mode.

Meanwhile, Metro: Last Light has 8 new achievements that once again have you necking plenty of drink, as well as burning cobwebs, using loads of air filters and beating the game in the new Survival and Spartan modes. The rest of the achievement lists act as a 'best of' from the original lists, scrapping some of the DLC achievements to streamline the overall list.

Those drinking achievements might be missable, so you'll need to keep an eye out for them, but there's an emphasis on replayability with Metro Redux's Survival, Spartan and Ranger modes to complete. But with two 1000G lists to snaffle up, it'll all be worth it.

Metro Redux will be hitting Xbox One and PS4 on August 26th in North America and on August 29th in Europe

[Source]

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

What? What about PC, Komodo?

I'm really looking forward to this, after seeing artworks and large wallpapers. I really miss Metro as a whole, and I hope this new Redux will make the replayability worth the while, as a new experience.

EDIT: Also, seeing the BF3 video above, I just have to bring this up: Has anyone else, who has played BF3, noticed how that game is similar to Metro in many different ways? They have similar AKs there, similar first-person feeling and movement, and especially the russian voice-actors sound very very similar to those in 2033 and/or LL...

19. Nothing about PC yet.

20. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

The AK is similar because it is exactly the same weapon.
    Also it is a BF4 video.