Metro Costume

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lanka, Jun 6, 2012.

1. -TK-

-TK- Member

thanks:D hopefully this just a teaser what's coming after i have played LL. perhaps i try to persuade some friends too. looting surface alone is so boring:peep:

2. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Wow, that is amazing! With the torch and all the complexity of your loadout, really great :D

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

You've actually made some of the cosplay items yourself? :O Absolutely amazing!
    I think this is by far the best outfit in this whole thread so far! :D Huge creds to you, my friend :)

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

That's kick ass man!
    I can just imagine how awesome it would be as a background: Dirty pipes, stairs, steam, valves, etc., Very cool indeed. :thumb:

-TK-, excellent outfit as well as the location! :D Great Job! As Skaara said earlier:

5. -TK-

-TK- Member

thank you all. :nod: headlamp, pipe bombs(dummies:lol:) and knife based on kitchen kinfe are made by me. next christmas will be deadline for new pics.

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Great stuff.

7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

My Gorka just arrived and looks great! (To me at least...) I'll try and get some pics later today, if not, then this weekend 4 sure.

8. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

I realised I had enough actual hunting gear and militaria to put together a Metro or Stalker cosplay...and yes, I have several real guns including an M44 carbine and ammo. :D I actually do use that coat, pants, hat, belt, pouches, knife etc.

This is my first draft...its not easy taking selfies using a digital camera in the dark with rubble while wearing a gas mask and clutching a valuable antique...maybe next time I'll make life a little easier for myself and do it in the daytime.

Next time I will wear a decent shirt with a collar, or possibly bring a rifle that I have a sling for. For conventions I have a toy AK74.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is enough cheap militaria around to do a good cosplay with - none of the pouches cost more than USD$5. I love some of the locations you guys have found...this is a dump area behind a local sheep farm =_=

#48 Storchburp, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  9. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Nice man, you really look like a stalker in these!:D

10. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

My Ranger cosplay:
    [​IMG]
    Backstory:
    Name: Iakova Cardinski
    Bio:
    Early Life:
    Iakova was born in 2017 to a rich Hansa (an ex-FSB operative) stalker and his wife in Revolution Square.

Hansa-Red Line War:
    Iakova was only 4 when the Hansa-Red Line War began. Because of his wealth, Iakova's father was initially spared of the draft, but when the stalemate began at the Lenin Mausoleum his father was recruited because of his knowledge of the surface. Three days later, he was reported K.I.A. when a group of Red volunteers strapped grenades to themselves and rushed the fortification where he was stationed. Life for Iakova, now age 10, got worse when the battle of Revolution Square began. When his mother could not afford to send him to another station (his father's remaining funds were spent on survival and skyrocketing taxes), Iakova was told to "step in your father's shoes" and become a stalker.

Stalking:
    Iakova, though worried and frightened, began leaning from his father's old notes and various maps what the most interesting (and profitable) locations of the surface were. His home was a tank that had been suppressing riots hours before the bombs fell, as it's CBRN capabilities protected him from the radiation outside. His most favorite location was the Museum of the Great Patriotic War, where he learned about the war that "made this current war look like a cat-fight", as well as finding new technologies that could be made in the Metro. Most notably were artificial fuel, simpler rubber, and (his favorite) a lightweight rocket launcher that could be easily made in the Metro. However, he did not spend more than 3 hours at a time there, because of strange phenomena, battlefield sounds even though he was many miles from any conflict in the Metro.

Return to Hansa and the Rangers:
    After a year, Iakova returned to the Metro in search of his mother, who was killed loading ammunition for a Hansa DShKM during the final Red charge of the station. Discouraged, he moved on to find more peaceful parts of the Metro. It was here, in a tunnel leading to Oktyabr'skaya, where he met a lost Ulman, about to be executed by a squad of bandits. After killing the bandits with his Kalash and his custom weapon, the Tovarich, he offered to bring Ulman to Polis in exchange for becoming a citizen there. Ulman agreed, and, intrigued by Iakova's skill in fighting and his knowledge of the frozen surface, later pitched in a good word to Miller (who had actually known Iakova's father) to ask Iakova to join the Rangers.

Rangers and D6:
    Upon being accepted into the Rangers, Iakova sought out to get a thank you gift for everyone of the then-small group of Rangers. Ranging from a (hilariously bad) joke book for Ulman to Vasili Zaietsev's sniper rifle for Anna, Iakova was soon sent to scout the surface with Hunter and another Ranger, Red. Being a Ranger, he had various perks for life in Polis. His favorite is a room to himself, complete with his own,fully functioning, bathroom. Upon hearing the declaration of war between Reich and the Red Line (to which he was not surprised at all about, given his knowledge of the Great Patriotic War), he was tasked with renovating a base on the surface, Sparta Base. It was here that he met an old philosopher, who frequented the old chuch. After discussing life, the state of humanity, as well as the phenomena that inhabited the Museum of the Great Patriotic War, the man told him to, "Think before you make a life-altering decision, whether it be yours or someone else's." With a new crisis occurring at VDNKh, he decided to have a neutral take on the matter, staying post at Sparta Base. When Miller decided to eliminate the Dark Ones at Polis, Iakova had a heated argument with Miller. Miller ordered him to stay "one step behind us" and shortly after the six Rangers departed for D6, Iakova departed for Sparta Base, and later D6 to protect Vladimir. Changed by the destruction of the Dark Ones, Iakova now stands watch at Sparta Base. He makes periodical stops to the Museum of the Great Patriotic War, to relive the only time he can remember being happy in his life.

11. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

It took ages but I finally got some pics of my Metro costume. They're not taken at my work like I wanted them to but I still might get to that some day. For now I'll just have to make do wit my crawl space...

Here they are:

Stalking the endless abyss of... my crawl space...
    [​IMG]

Surprise?...
    [​IMG]

A slight pause...
    [​IMG]

A hollow killer...
    [​IMG]

The man behind the mask...
    [​IMG]

#51 Aaron, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  12. -TK-

-TK- Member

damn sweet loadouts guys but i think iakova wins (almost better than mine:p:laugh:) aaron vanish l96 asap just some (imo) constructive criticism don't take it too seriously :lol:

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

14. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the C&C everyone! I also have an accurate rucksack (although you can't see it in this photo) that I can put a picture up of if you so desire.

15. Trotlix

Trotlix Active Member

Hello, after seeing pictures of few Metro cosplays i decide to put pics of my own :) It is still in production but i hope i will finish it soon. As a model i took Enter the Metro video and Rangers. I hope you will like it. (btw i was too lazy to put normal boots :D)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/i1cx.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/mk7n.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/mre7.jpg/

and one ''action'' from Airsoft :D
    http://imageshack.us/f/692/ge9b.jpg/

EDIT: i have problem with putting pictures here :/

#55 Trotlix, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  16. Skaara Dreadlocks

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Watchout we got some preppers for the appocalypse here :)
    (Nice pics OtherAaron)

18. I just realised I can put together Uncle Bourbon costume. Oh joy.

19. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Is great news.

20. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Want to see that!