Metro Costume

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lanka, Jun 6, 2012.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Nice. Those are the optic sights I preferred to use in LL -if not the iron sights. Anticipating future post of your gear :)

2. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I took some pictures last night but I definitely think that it could use some tweaking, I think that it looks scarce to be honest.

3. ivanscavenger

ivanscavenger Member

Wow that is pretty damn cool right there :D you should take some pictures with it (if you didn't lol) wearing some LL cosplay :)

4. cellander

cellander New Member

Hello, I've been working on a Metro costume for a while now. Wanted to share my progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The character to the right is my costume inspiration
    [​IMG]

There are many details missing here. I've recently bought a vest and kneepads, I also have a handmade bullet lighter (these are not presented in the pictures). It's all in the details now. I'm planning on buying a knife to attach to the chest, nades and cartridges etc. I'll try to build a replica of the map in game and maybe some dirty bandages for the wear and tear look. Things like that. Will try to update with pictures as my costume progresses.

#184 cellander, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  5. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Man that's cool! I've wanted to cosplay that pic of Artyom for ages, nice work

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

That's very good, cellander! :D
    Just by seeing your first picture, I naturally thought you looked like the two guys, shown on the Metro Redux cover, and even went about to look for a picture of it so I could post it here. Though, that ended quickly after I viewed the rest of your pics and saw you had already added the cover :lol:. And I think your costume is a combination of the two instead of just the one on the right. The mask, helmet (awesome), gun, holstered pistol, shoulder straps, and gloves all portray the guy on the right. The color of the jacket and pants are those of the other guy (you're also facing in the same direction as the guy on the left :p). This is all very good...and I love how made it so you could attach the gas mask to your waist and have it hang there for easy access.

Nice job :thumb:

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very cool indeed! I think everything that could be said has already been said, I agree with all of what Nuclear posted and I too really like how you attached the gas mask in the second pic. Grand job. :)

8. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Excellent! I like the cross between Ranger and stalker.
    Now you just need some heavy, useless armor if you want to look like a proper Ranger :^)

9. cellander

cellander New Member

I actually updated the costume a few days ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's almost done! A sleeping mat on the backpack, some additional items to get the complete look and a little wear and tear. Further ahead I'll probably change out a few things, like replacing the pistol with a revolver.

10. Warhawk

Warhawk Well-Known Member

An excellent outfit, but the battle has just begun: Now you must overcome the inclinations of reenactors and collectors everywhere and actually give all of that nice, shiny equipment the breaks, bruises, cuts, rust and chipped paint they need.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very good indeed, my only gripe is the way you hold that Kalash. It's not technically "wrong" as you can hold it by the magazine (as long as you don't fuck about with your thumb), but I always felt holding it by the handguard is much more natural. :p

The hardest part!

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

13. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Okay, comrades. Here are some meh photos of the apartment complex I went to. It's not Pripyat looking (in terms of color of ambience) but it's all I had to work with. I didn't take any pictures, inside of an intact apartment, because it looked too clean. Also, I didn't go into any of the clean apartments because there were looters, in there, stealing copper wire :lol:. During the photo shoot, I had gone by myself because, for some reason, my friend(s) didn't want to waste time doing it the day before when we went :rolleyes:. Since I had no one to hold the camera for me on the following day, the options were limited on where I could put the camera up, set the timer, and dash off before it snapped a picture; so there are only two photos of me and they’re the very last ones on the list below.

Just want to mention that, on the day that I did go with my friends, we found a squatter’s hideout with a sleeping bag, shirts, bag of junk and some shoes. We also found like a drug addict apartment. We were searching through the kitchen cabinets and my friend found a container filled with used needles. We continued through the other rooms and there were beer cans, cigarettes, cigars, and some pill bottles thrown on the ground. It smelled gross and there were also some cat turds, on the floor (the whole area has been overrun by cats). I have to say, there isn't much to the photos themselves; but I hope they can spark some interest. Edit: If the pictures are too small, you should be able to click on them and make it slightly larger. If not and they're still too small, let me know and I can re-upload them for you. My web browser is making everything small, for an unknown reason, and I can't tell what the normal size should be.

Area through where I entered:
    [​IMG]

Close up of building in the middle ground of the first picture (also where the looters were):
    [​IMG]

My impending doom:
    [​IMG]

destroyed building where I played dress-up :p:
    [​IMG]

Top of destroyed building:
    [​IMG]

Inside destroyed building:
    [​IMG]

Slav Squat:
    [​IMG]

Bad-ass stalker (just imagine what cancer-causing-goodies lie within that pile of trash):
    [​IMG]

#193 NuclearWastE3, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haha, good stuff. They are quite small, but larger versions pop up when clicked on like you said and it's not bad at all.

15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Thanks, Bamul. :)

And I have re-sized them. However, I just noticed that the picture size remains the same in the actual post :( It only gets to the "much larger scale" I adjusted them to when you click on the photo itself. Weird. I'm using firefox instead Chrome (that might be the problem). Only thing is is that chrome isn't working for me at the moment.

#195 NuclearWastE3, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  16. Zachg56

Zachg56 New Member

I got a good question, but you know those shoulder pads/armbands that the rangers wear with their black uniforms and Kora-1 armor? Does anyone have any idea if those actually exist? If not I think I may have to make a pair

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Didn't see these pictures until now, pretty sweet! I liked the "Inside destroyed building" photo, as well as the last one of course :thumb:

To answer Zachg, I don't know honestly, and I don't think I could figure it out any easier than you. Perhaps Komo can answer this? (Komo has the answer to everything, at least in my head :rolleyes:)

18. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Thank you, Skaara :)
    And I apologize for the tinny images/ crappy image clicking thing. I'm sure it's only my web-browser that's acting stupid. However, I've never had this problem before :( I'm having the same problem in the "Count to 10,000" thread. I just wish the images would stay their original size and not shrink/blow-up in-your-face.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think it's a new feature or something, dunno how or why. It wasn't like that before, now it's always like that :noidea:

20. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a hole collection of photos ive taken over the years of abandon places , sorta metro like more just post nuclear apocolypse style but ill have to show you all and see what you think , whats a good site to use to upload pics? Also im working on my ranger / soldier costume still