Metal Gear Solid 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TotalAaron, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ohhhh yeah. I've never played a MGS game, but I play Ground Zeroes, and will be preordering this one.

2. I think this wasn't posted here yet:

[YOUTUBE]fDQUmncjkdM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pqu0nRb0puM[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Of the bigger games journalism sources out there, GameSpot and IGN have both given The Phantom Pain a 10/10 rating. Meanwhile, unsettling reports of the game's competitive multiplayer being stuck behind a paywall are surfacing. The critics who got review copies of MGS V: TPP before release did not get to experience the online segment (which is not yet functioning), so their impressions are based on the campaign only. This means that we're probably looking at a stellar singleplayer with some very dodgy stuff that's going to be happening online at or post-launch.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I think i am going to sell my soul with this game, microtransactions? i will buy them, crappy DLC? bought i just dont care anymore as this will most likly be my last konami game since kojima the main man is leaving because of there bullshit.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I get that this is Kojima's last game with Konami, probably the last proper MGS game and all that, but I still don't think it's a good reason to pay for microtransactions. Firstly, because it's a waste of your money; secondly, because by giving Konami money like this you're basically saying that you don't mind this shitty practice and are actively supporting it, thus the more people make use of it the more we'll see of it in other games. :p

6. TotalAaron

You have a good reasonable point Bamul thing is i just don't care anymore i want the series to end here for good now then i can just leave AAA industry crap for awhile and wait with my tongue out for Bloodstained shadow of the night

Anyway on the topic of metal gear i thought i might share a story with all (counts) 3-4 of you, i was gifted metal gear solid as a present by my dad after a rough couple of days at school i was having problems there and not knowing how to really cheer me up he bought a game he thought i would like, fast forwade to the game blowing my mind with its incredible graphics amazing action cool main lead and all that, and even if i had a bad day i knew i was coming home to an exiting adventure i could lose myself in.

Fast track to December 2001 and after another bad year a large package was waiting under the tree Metal gear solid 2 and a brand new PlayStation 2 as i started it up and the opening scene of a man who looked awfully like solid snake was walking across a bridge in Manhattan in the middle of a storm and my first thought was "Wow" as a little baby i had no idea about what the game was trying to teach me about the internet AIs and the meaning of passing on your legacy, i even went to the only place with internet in town the local libary to reserch what all these things ment, it was a crazy ride from start to finish and i adored every second of it.

A few years later i saw on the television that MGS 3 Snake eater Had been released and was taken the very next day to purchases it and as tradition goes it blew my mind the origin of the patriots, the cobras, ocelot, the boss legacy, the origin of the philosophers legacy the origin of big boss, it was a roller coaster i will never forget hell just looking over on the desk i can see the 600+ page glossary i made of all the technology and themes present in the games just sitting on my desk with a heavy cover of dust, that is not even counting the best ending sequence any metal gear has ever had.

Then came MGS4 Guns of the patriots a game that brought closure to a series i had been following almost religiously nearly my entire life, it brought to me a sense of finality for solid snake a legacy of a hero among heroes a true patriot, and the hour plus long ending answered every question i had in a satisfactory way i was completely happy but it would not be the end not by a long shot.

Because MGS Peace walker had just launched to flesh out the world that big boss wanted to create a world that the boss herself invisioned a world without borders or nations, The EVA tapes present in the game brought almost as much life to the boss as the ending of three had and i was happy to be back in this continuation of the story of Big boss himself.

And now we come to MGS5 ground zeros and the Phantom Pain a game i will research and dig deep into and discover what kojima is tying to teach me as a player and i will hopefully enjoy every moment of it!

Anyway thanks for reading what may be my longest post yet :D

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haha, sounds like a helluva ride. I did not get into MGS as soon as you did, only in my early teenage years when my brother started playing them. We'd sit in front of the TV watching the cutscenes together. :lol: But MGS wasn't as much "my" series as it was my brother's. For me personally, Witcher 3 has a similar role to how you see MGS V: TPP. After playing the two previous games (completed the second one 4 times) and reading all 7 books from the series, I really wanted to savour W3 as the last part of Geralt's adventures... hence why I've put over 150 hours into the game already and the end is still nowhere in sight. I want to enjoy all it has to offer. :D

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Phantom Pain launch trailer:

[YOUTUBE]A9JV0EvCkMI[/YOUTUBE]

9. TotalAaron

Oh god i cant go on the internet for awhile seeing as the game is being spoiled everywhere 0_o oh noooo

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tomorrow's the day! I can't wait. It's one of my favourite series of all time. I stuck with it from the beginning and it's lovely to see all these cool changes to the formula. Ground Zeroes was really good and I am almost certain that The Phantom Pain will deliver in every way possible.

11. TotalAaron

Well i will probably vanish for a few days while i play this dream game

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

V has come to!
    I've tried it a bunch and it's amazing. The prologue is just fantastic and very tense, almost like a horror game. Also the game runs great on PC, a very good port.

13. TotalAaron

Its bloody amazing,

14. [YOUTUBE]8X-lAu2q_6s[/YOUTUBE]

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Komo's favourite person on YouTube:

[YOUTUBE]H-9-51EaxWw[/YOUTUBE]

:p

16. The game is pretty fun and it has some of the best boss fights in the recent years, so I recorded one:

[YOUTUBE]AOvMu6ZgxuI[/YOUTUBE]

17. TotalAaron

30 hours in 34% done 0_0 holy moley

Main story is finished and well damn

Dudes slam your head on every door in mother base and you will be rewarded

18. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Damn dude, you finished the story in 30 hours? You must have only done story missions or something.

Also I just found that door on the third floor of the Medical Platform. Uh, yeah... I'm interested to see how that plays out.

19. TotalAaron

I normally play through the main story in a rush than i go through the side stuff and at 47 hours in i am having a blast

This game is just so god damn good i mean holy shit its just perfect

Aarons tip #2 Find the legendary gunsmith ASAP its worth it i swear