Mesmer Officially Announced!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 Announcements' started by Unknown, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

As promised, Santa Claus and the folks at ArenaNet have delivered an early Christmas present, the final reveal of the eighth profession in Guild Wars 2, the Mesmer.

The rumor mill had long suggested that the Mesmer was in fact the last profession, but beyond that we really had little true information about what the Mesmer would look & play like in Guild Wars 2. It seems this time around the Mesmer takes a much more front-and-center role, as opposed to a support position like it primarily played in the first game.

Our own Mesmer overview should be coming sometime later today, but until they check out the awesome Gameinformerinterview, featuring ArenaNet game designer Jon Peters, alongside system designer Jonathan Sharp. The interview details out what exactly a Mesmer is in Guild Wars 2, how the profession has changed, and how it stands out from the other profession choices.

Games.On.Net
    also features a short interview with Jon Peters that talks a little more about summoning illusions and other interesting Mesmer-related questions. Gamereactor interview with Jonathan Sharp and Jon Peters from ArenaNET goes more in-depth asking questions on different mechanics, you wont want to miss that one.

The Mesmer looks to be an exciting addition to the professions in Guild Wars 2, and undeniably one of the most unique. Stay tuned to Guild Wars 2-PC for more up-to-date, breaking information about the Mesmer and other Guild Wars 2 news.

1 person likes this.
  2. Raiyoku

Raiyoku Member

Woohoo I'm so glad the final profession has been revealed!!! Now I can decide what I want to try out first instead of considering what the 8th profession would be. I must admit that my jaw dropped when I went to the official site and saw a Minstrel......you got me there Arenanet ;) good one!!!

3. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the Minstrel was o_O

1 person likes this.
  4. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

about time they finally announced it, everybody pretty much new so its no big surprise

1 person likes this.
  5. Shield

Shield GW2PC Admin - Protector

I fixed the post Unknown. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Ops!

1 person likes this.