Mesmer Mesmer feedback

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by channel, Dec 25, 2011.

1. channel

channel New Member

Yea they have great unique support/utility skill like portal and invi field but what i'm worried about is their offensive and damage dealing skill. I find them overly relying on summon image/minion style + shatter effect/minion bombing style. I hope to see more unique attack skill style for mesmer. Another worry is that their support skill while flashy and nice may no be as practical as say guardian's or warrior's since both shown in skill video are mostly for escape/stealth (does not contribute as much in hard fight compare to buff)

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

To me the Mesmer seems a bit more support/cc oriented than the other professions, but that's judging from what we've seen so far. We don't know half the skills that the Mesmer has yet. Anyone know what the heck they are gonna do with that Greatsword? Didn't know Mesmer could play at close range.

3. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

Wiki hasn't really been updated yet either. I hope the mesmer doesn't end up being a more support oriented profession. it seems to be shaping up to be a more difficult profession to master than the others.

4. AncientWings

AncientWings New Member

They say the greatsword has a charge skill (that is used in the Portal skill video) where has greater damage output the farther you are away from your target. So, placement when you use that skill is different in many cases

5. GodricMaelstrom

Asura Feedback

I believe that the mesmer can be a damager as well as a support. They have the capabilities of providing stealth for the entire party with two abilities, healing overflow from certain traits. It can be a damager because of all of the illusions and deceptions they can summon.