Quantcast

Lords of the Fallen and NVIDIA GameWorks Technology

Discussion in 'Lords of the Fallen' started by Moaz13, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited to play this as soon as I get my GTX 970. I know this game has been getting middling reviews but I think it's just people's tastes are different, and reviewers criticized the game's combat but it looks fair to me. Not as good as Dark Souls but good enough, especially since DS runs terribly on PC so I'd like a similar game.

2. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

The combat system and graphics has improved in games like this one, and goes to show how games are getting improved. You feel like a part of the game, and music is suitable and feels like a good one which will keep action players busy and areas to explore and open world. I have played a demo version of it, and was real good and felt real and life like which was good and also the controls were easy to understand. I hope to buy this game and, will do it when goes a bit cheaper and see what others say about the game in reviews and see is it worth buying and playing the full game or not.

3. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Well-Known Member

you can definitely tell that the introduction to the next gen games really show us that we are just getting started in terms of graphical improvements. the game also looks addicting and dark soul esq i will definitely be picking it up

4. coeck

coeck Member

The graphics are going to be insane with the NVIDIA graphics card. I enjoy playing games with great graphics, but there also has to be a good story line and entertaining game mechanics. But if the game looks good everything else will fall in line.

5. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "next gen"? You do know this is a showcase of how this will look like on PC with a GTX card. So this will not be how it looks like on consoles.

6. imagenscape

imagenscape Well-Known Member

It looks really good when I can get a better graphics card this is one of the games on the list of things I need to play.

7. jurew2

jurew2 Active Member Regular

This game really looks good to me and I might get it very soon (if not very soon, in the christmass time). The graphics doesn't look good, it looks awesome.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I have an AMD card so I guess I will be aloof of all these graphical enhancements. Why can't anyone partner with AMD for once?

9. Averuncate

Averuncate New Member

I'm not so sure why the comparisons are being made to dark souls. While they are both darker mmorpgs, I feel like this one has a deeper story line.

As far as NVIDIA goes, does anyone else run NVIDIA graphics card with this game? Any problems at all? I've been seeing compatibility warnings for other games with NVIDIA cards.

10. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait. I need NVidia to play this game? Okay, I'm sure there must be a way I can work around that somehow. Is it also coming out for the Ps3 or Xbox? I really want to play it!

11. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

It definitely looks amazing, but I wish they added similar support for AMD cards too. I have a GTX 970 myself, but I don't want people with AMD to suffer with lower graphics and performance. I do have to congratulate this new studio on making such a graphically stunning game though.

12. Vivid Mortals

Vivid Mortals Member

Oh my! I remember when the first tech demo for the PhysX engine came out. I was amazed at how a pile of cubes moved around and now looking at this showcase, I start wondering what will the future be. I liked the Turbulence thing, I hope they didn't use it for only one boss fight. Congrats to the developers for making all of this, looks quite nice.

13. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Hopefully, as the game gains in popularity, then they'll make it more commercially available through the use of tech not related to NVIDIA as far as the computer side of things is concerned. I don't want to suffer through low-quality, but it's better than not getting to play it at all.