Loot Boxes

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by Patrickz, May 5, 2016.

1. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

What cool stuff have you gotten from the loot boxes? I've been getting one every 2-3 games whenever I level up, but I forsee that these will be harder to come by at higher levels.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've gotten a few skins and that's about it. I don't really play that much so I don't complete that many skins but I'm happy with the few that I was able to get. Even though I'm not that into skins I am tempted to play more to get them which I guess is the point why this feature was implemented.

3. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most of the things you will be getting are voice lines and sprays, honestly some of them are okay but most of it will make you feel 'meh', Overwatch better step it up on their loot boxes, I'd love to feel that each one of them is rewarding not just the skins!

4. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

So far I've opened 17 boxes and here's what I've gotten from them:
    • Skin tints
    • Dust crates
    • One legendary skin
    That's it, lol. I guess I'm luck to even get a legendary skin though. Some players I know, higher level than me, have opened more boxes but haven't even gotten one legendary skin. It doesn't matter much since our games are going to be reset after beta anyway.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I did not know this. I think they should let the players keep the items after the beta period as a token of appreciation for helping them test. Probably doesn't matter that much either way though since I doubt anyone has gotten too much out of it yet.

daredevil likes this.
  6. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

@DeeDee

I wish they would let us keep the items as well but as of now, they're not changing their decision. I've read lots of threads and articles about it and it's such a shame that we don't get to keep them. I guess it's a way to keep the game fair for newer players as well who didn't get to join the beta. But since we helped out in the beta, I think it's only fair to have some appreciation for us. Lol.

I'm trying my best to not get attached to any skins though. I think it's for the best... Sigh.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Skins and emotes are the most exciting things I've gotten. I like getting the gold coins the most though. That way I can buy whatever I want and not have to depend on luck to get it.

8. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

Got the ultraviolet Tracer skin before open beta shut down. I think I'm going to save points for it when it releases and buy it first.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I got one legendary skin after 8 boxes so I guess I'm somewhat lucky, but nothing worth noting after that.

10. nuekboi

nuekboi Member
    Regular

I've opened 13 loot boxes and only one legendary (Joker skin for Junkrat). I'm hoping to get lucky and find a skin for Reinhardt or Mercy but judging by my luck in other RNG-based chest systems I'm almost guaranteed that will not happen

11. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I opened like twenty of them but only one legendary skin and a couple of rare ones so far.

It's kind of exciting to level up because everytime I can't wait for the next lootbox. :p

12. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

I've got 3 legendary skins so far: Imp Mercy, Nevermore Reaper and Goddess Symmetra. I'm going to save up coins for the Nomad Genji skin first since I play him the most.

13. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

3x legendary skins in a row :D All of them sucked though :( And when I say 3 leg skins, I mean skins and not gold, straight up skinny goodness.

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have the same luck and I don't get that much but I agree it's fun to open them and I'm always hoping the next box will be better. It's just a bonus though so I don't mind that much that I don't get that much.

15. Patrickz

Regular

Wow, which skins? I'm level 37 and only have two legendaries atm: B.V.A. and Genji's.

16. StillWinning

Regular

Woodbot followed by young hanzo followed by toa (roadhog) :( Stupid nonsense. Woodbot is okish but the other 2 are just straight up stupid.

17. Patrickz

Regular

Does young hanzo change his ultimate? If so, I'd say it's a pretty good pull!

18. StillWinning

Regular

^ Same graphics, different sound. Looks hella stupid though -_-

19. Patrickz

Regular

I'd be pretty happy with that. Finally got my third legendary today woo! Architect skin for Symmetra!

20. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

Up to level 80 now, only got 2 other legendaries outside the 4 reaper legendaries I got from boxes