Quantcast

Live action trailer for The Division

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft published this video a couple of days ago, with live action sequences.

This is for the people who were wondering if Ubisoft is still marketing the game. :p

2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Is it just me, or was that kind of dark and depressing yet at the same time genius and exciting?

I adore that they used this during the Christmas season, they made it to fit exactly where we are right now, as if what happens in the game literally happens tomorrow. It was a nice little twist to it, and I can fully admit that it had my attention the entire time. I didn't think it was possible to be even more excited, haha.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It's not bad, but it didn't really get me psyched for the game at all. It's cool in a concept kind of way, and I get what they're going for but it would have been nice to have some game play or something. Still, kind of a cool thing, I guess... Haha.

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Man I always found that 'Holy night' song creepy and when sung by a small child... Eesh. Great trailer though, I was actually wondering up until half-way through is it actually a live action trailer which in my mind just highlights how awesome this game can be.

5. Maelalove

I don't think it was really meant to show gameplay. I think it was supposed to resonate more on what the game is about, and what era it's in, and the little details that people that aren't us would be able to understand and see what the game is about in a short clip. Just kind of trying to catch their interest.

6. Maelalove

I agree about the Holy night song! I had to sing it in church choir when I was little for years and it was terrible! I always felt like I was going to be possessed by a ghost or something. I think it was meant to be chilly for this, though. I think it works really well.

7. Cyborg Superman

Yeah it seemed to be game-play footage at one point, but looking back I guess it's all live-action?

You're right, it was definitely more of a story trailer instead of a game play one, and that's fair. Call of Duty had some awesome ones with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, so I can't fault The Division for doing something similar. I think I'm just too excited to see more of the game, lol.

8. Ishmael

Yeah I bet it's like a commercial they want to broadcast on TV or something, if it isn't there already (I wouldn't know because I don't live in America).

9. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha I wouldn't know either since although I am in North America, I don't have cable so I won't see ads anyways, lol. It was pretty eerie though, they did a good job with it.

10. Maelalove

It probably is, I live in America and DO have cable, I just never watch it, haha. All my television comes from.... well, the internet. No big surprise there. But I can honestly see it being a commercial, especially around christmas shows or something, I feel like they stuck it with the season haha.

11. Maelalove

We all are! I would love to see some more gameplay videos too, but I'm not sure they're likely to release any until it hits Beta, in which case we'll probably see a ton more on here, even if we don't get to play the Beta. It's cominggggg!

12. Cyborg Superman

There has been some leaked alpha footage online, but I haven't checked it out yet. People had to sign a NDA but still somehow the footage made its way online. I'll have to seek it out later, if it's still up since these videos have a way of disappearing pretty quickly.

Maelalove likes this.
  13. Maelalove

Oh man, I'm gonna have to check that out too, but it's also going to have to be later.... If I manage to see it I'll let you know!

14. Ishmael

I've seen some of that stuff and it seems VEEEERY early stuff. Let's just say that it lacks polish, but at least it looked interesting.
    I bet Ubisoft banned those people instantly after they published those videos since their nickname was there. :p

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  15. Maelalove

I actually just looked it up, and there was some footage that was JUST published. At this point, though, whoever it was who had recorded it recorded it VERY badly, and you can't really see much on it. So I guess we still have to wait... :[

16. Cyborg Superman

I guess it's to be expected that the alpha would lack polish, lol. I can't believe someone would just publish a video like that after agreeing to a NDA. In a way it kind of hurts the chances of companies offering alphas if people keep breaking the rules.

Was it some crappy cell phone recording the TV type situation?

17. Maelalove

The video I watched had basically ripped the video from the original owner and tried to enhance it to help it, but honestly from what I saw, that's exactly what it looked like. I can't be sure entirely, just because they had already edited the video I couldn't hear the sound initially recorded with(it would have been obvious at that point if it was recorded with a cell phone).

18. Cyborg Superman

At this point, I think I'll wait for official footage. That would be like downloading a cam version of a movie... It just kinds of ruins it. I much prefer seeing stuff in HD lol

19. Maelalove

See I'm the type that watches movies online(unfortunately, actually, unless I really REALLY want to see it, it ends up being a waste so I agree there). I want to see official footage but at the same time I'm so curious...

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  20. Cyborg Superman

Yeah it's tough to warrant paying so much for something that will ultimately suck, so I hear you there, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and hope the movie is awesome. This actually makes me wonder how likely we are, down the line, to get a movie based on The Division. It would definitely be easy to translate into film, you would think.