Quantcast

Leaderboards and dps class disadvantage

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by shadowsupernature, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

Nobody wants to play dps chars anymore because "they get no exp". People tell they are "forced to do so" when they want to reach p1000+. Well, that may be. But it leads to a huge imbalance.

We all know that zdps leechers get up to 3 times the exp of dps chars and that's why leechers mostly dominate the leaderboards. Seasons and leaderboards are pointless this way if you want to compete.

I hardly find any decent group where the "support" actually does his work by keeping the dps out of trouble. The leechers just rush forward, leaving lots of stray mobs behind. And those are what's killing the dps chars (DHs). So they will also lose the pool bonus. Making the gap even bigger.

Having the hands full with stray mobs and dying means to slow down progress. That makes the leechers complain: "we're not fast enough". Silly, isn't it? They complain about something they created by themselves.

Another thing is, that there is no real need for support in 40 to 45 grifts. If there would be 4 dps chars, it would be just as fast and nobody would die. But that's not how you get exp. So it's like described above.

Another thing: Leechers should (in my opinion have to) provide all keys. I usually just leave when a leecher wants to do trials. As dps, that is even more a waste of time because making trials = even less exp. There has to be some sort of compensation. Season 3 is not going to change in regard to this entire problem. I know that. But if it isn't going to change in the next patch, there is no point in playing season as dps class.

Yesterday I busted two "speed grift" groups. I join a game, see 2 p980+ leechers (monk, crusader). We already have to wait some time until a barb joins (as nobody plays dps anymore). Waste of time, no exp for anyone. The leechers put in a trial key. I cancel twice, telling them they have to provide the keys. Ofc they did not agree. The 2nd dps just posts a grin smilie, so he understands. I leave. 5 minutes later I see the two leechers in menu as well, not doing grifts. They didn't find another dps player and I repeated this a bit later with a second group. Leading to the same result. The lack of decent dps players for their needs is clearly visible this way.

tl:dr

EXP gear has to change. The only way I see at the moment is removal or even exp distribution in a group.

If this is not fixed until season 4 it will get even worse than now. I won't play season any longer as needed to get the "season rewards" from achievements.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Sad part is that now it takes also 7 minutes to clear a grift instead of 3, so yeah, too many leechers for to few DPS, everybody would gain more experience playing DPS and finishing the grift faster.

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

How is 'leechers dominate the leaderboards'? Even if they did leech their paragon levels, don't these people need to switch to their normal/DPS spec/gear and actually play it to actually *be* on the leaderboard?

I don't get it.

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I agree, botters rule the leaderboards. I run a ton of speed grifts with my keys of course and I can't even keep up with botters when it comes to paragon.

Botting is now going to get way out of hand with T7-10 coming. They are going to be able to level even faster. Let alone find all these items when they sleep for the Cube.

9 times out of 10 I always have people who want to play DPS in my runs, but this is NS that I do them. As for seasons I don't know, but I do play DPS in Seasons in any group I can get in sub 40 for now.