Laptops to get

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Biffy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I am pretty happy with my HP Pavilion. Bought it as Costco.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I recommend you to buy Asus Laptop. It's perfectly for gaming. But it's expensive as hell.

3. downsouth

downsouth Member

For gaming I would recommend Dell Alienware. My cousin owns it and you can have a screen the size of a desktop monitor on it. The graphics are great and the speed is top notch.

4. downsouth

downsouth Member

Asus is pretty fairly priced compared to competitors like HP and Dell with the same specs. In fact it is even cheaper a lot of the times.

5. seerymart

seerymart Member

Computer games are helping us to treat a variety of disorders and disabilities, to make us have fun and entertainment, and serve a range of educational functions. In these days, Various versions are available us in each new game.

typing games

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Look up Lenovo brands, they're really good price for what you're looking for.

7. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

You're better off getting a desktop than anything. Even if the laptop has the specs for the game, it's really hard for it to keep up and maintain the frame rate anyway. Plus, it would probably be cheaper to get a desktop anyway.

8. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think in terms of specs, it is cheaper to get a desktop but it is always good to take in consideration that we need a good monitor as well, and they aren't cheap.

9. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can agree with that, but, I mean, you'd save a lot more money the desktop way and you could have some money left over for the monitor.

10. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Most laptops aren't really built for gaming. They're generally more for office work and stuff. But if you really want a gaming laptop, you can't really have a low budget. The stuff like Alienware are super expensive but they are the best performance.

11. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Whatever you do just don't buy an effing Chromebook, it's not a laptop it's just like a larger version of a tablet. You can't play games on it! Get a laptop with a strong nvidia video card and fast RAM and you'll be fine.

12. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think it would have to be i5 now these days. I think getting less than 4 cores is not so worth it because you can always get such a good laptop that will last for a long time, of course if it has good specs.

13. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have seriously thought of buying a better laptop which might be suitable for gaming in addition. Actually i have no other demands that it should cost less than a grand and being able to run modern games. Maybe the Alienware is one option.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never go the Alienware route, too expensive for no reason. I have an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro which costed $1k and I can play any game out there on high with a good framerate. It's also flexible, has a nice design and it's all around a good laptop.

15. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

The problem I inherently see with laptops is that portability is quite overpriced. I mostly stick with Desktop PCs since, well, I'm not that much of a social butterfly anyway and don't need the respective portability. Also, games seem to run more seamlessly on Desktop PCs rather than laptops for a reason or another... might be the cooling facility? :D

16. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

You can't play Everquest II on the highest settings with a good frame rate with that computer.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

You should get a desktop instead. I think these games will be better played using your desktop. Desktop appear to be more games friendly for most of the games