Just heard of ArcheAge

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by thisnthat, Apr 17, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

Does anyone still play this game or is it getting to be pretty dead? I just recently heard of it, recommended as a WoW clone. I'd love to find a good WoW clone, but I don't really like the idea of dead servers.

Also, is this one pay to win or is the paid stuff mostly cosmetic (or at least grindable in game)?

I'd really love to try out some of these WoW copies, but I don't want to waste my time if there is no balance between paid and free accounts. I get that they need to make money, but I like to compete based on skill not how big the limit is on my credit card, ha ha.

2. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I gathered it's a Korean game, it's strange to me too. I am of the view it's going to be an interesting game out there. It's kind of still relatively new game I think

3. thisnthat

Regular

ArcheAge has been around for a while, actually. I'm just wondering if it's still pretty active or not.

I'm mostly curious about the pay to win stuff. I don't mind paying for something, but I don't think you should be able to buy an advantage over others, power wise.

I'm not entirely sure about the sandbox aspect as opposed to a theme park style either. In a way, it sounds fun, but I imagine that also leads to a lot of griefing. With that in mind, ArchAge can't be "just" like WoW, since WoW is the latter style.

4. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have been hearing friends talking about this game but personally I have not played it. Since I have heard about it now the second time, I think I will look for it and play.

5. thisnthat

Regular

I think it sounds kind of fun. I do believe it's free to play now, but that brings me back to my earlier question.

I keep pausing when it comes to games, since WoW. I guess I just need to get one and go for it. I was hoping Pantheon would be out by now (or soon).

There are quite a few games that are consider "WoW clones" but I've yet to find one that really is just like it.

6. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have played it before, pretty fun

7. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

I love it because ArcheAge offers naval combat in such settings where players have to secure trade routes or engage in sea-land battles. Ships need to be built and equipped with weaponry and manpower and fights can be between players or against sea monsters.

It's a offers a nice gameplay for a sandbox game.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the water part of the game and it definitely brings a little something new to other genres that I might have otherwise tired on. Is takes some getting used to though.

9. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hear the new servers kicked in on 13 June. So all the ArcheAge fans will be able to claim new housing in the Golden Ruins.

10. Z-wall

Z-wall Well-Known Member
    Regular

Im playing alone without any guild and people and it still makes me fun.
    Try it out :D