Is WoT one of the best freemium games out there?

Discussion in 'World of Tanks and Planes' started by troutski, May 18, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are dozens of freemium and F2P games out there. Do you think World of Tanks is among the best of these types of games?

2. Sarleons

Sarleons Member

Well, World of Tanks might not be among the best freemium games because of the fact that players who buy gold and use gold shells could have a bit of advantages over none-gold players, however it is definitely one of best Tank-mmo games since it has very little completion in its category.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not bad. The idea with the premium stuff over free stuff is like in WoW where players in PvP get to battle each other, with one person wearing top tier gear through awards and the other wearing crafted gear. One clearly will have a stat difference over the other, but it will ultimately come down to skill. That is why I like WoT because as a non-premium player, I can still kick ass. If not, it will still be fun to hear the battles happen around me.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think there are far better freemium games that outclass WoT, such as Hearthstone or League of Legends but that doesn't mean this game is bad. At the end of the day it all comes down to who is more skilled.

5. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

World of Tanks hit a pretty good balance for freemium, but I think it still favours the company way too much. The grind is pretty brutal unless you pay out for premium account and premium tanks almost become a necessity if you want to run high tier tanks. At the end of the day, they push you really hard to spend money, or you kind of suffer. There are worse games out there, though.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not half bad, but it's definitely not good. The game gets really grindy really fast if you actually want to progress. I guess that the only non-grindy version is the Xbox 360 one, as its more casualized.