Is this game worth checking out again?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by bavinnie, May 3, 2015.

1. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

Hey what's up, just looking for some outside opinions about whether or not I should try to get into this game again, I checked it out upon release but it was full of bugs and just felt, I dunno? Crappy? And then the whole ban wave thing came with Kripp (back when he wasn't a casual) and I lost all respect for that game and the people who made it - he breaks games all the time and most game companies will actually pat him on the back for pointing out imbalances, and broken mechanics and systems but they just went ahead and gave him a permaban instead haha.

Oh well, back on topic - should I check out this game again, and if so, why?

2. Corten

Corten Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this, too. Played the game a bit after release, but it felt really grindy and people said the endgame is pay 2 win, I'd like to know if that changed, or every thing stayed the same.

3. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

It's not, if you've reached level 60, it's dead.

4. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's fun up until you reach level 60. At some point it's just the daily grind and either you suffer or pay your way through. It's sad because I truly enjoyed Neverwinter. I had a boatload of fun times questing with some of the map lores. Hopefully something will come up and we can it again.

5. KaseyHopeMartin

Regular

I personally enjoyed it, but I never made it to 60 before I had to adult and move lol. I never really got too much into the politics of the game, I just sort of started playing it and enjoyed it. I really enjoy the game play and the way it's set up, but I was playing on Xbox1 so I dont know if it's different on other consoles. I didn't really like how it was so hard to communicate with other people via the chat box on Xbox1 though - I guess PC would be easier to do so.

6. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it is worth checking out for new comers like me. A little game won't hurt. But I haven't budgeted for consoles and I doubt my current smartphone can support the game.