Quantcast

Is this game even still around?

Discussion in 'Star Ocean' started by Joker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Joker

Joker Member

Okay, so I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Star Ocean an older game? And do they even support it anymore? Ever since Square Enix took over, I have lost faith in them making a good star ocean again. Anyways, what version of the game is out now, I might check it out even though Square Enix has had a spotty record as of late.

2. maple9

maple9 Member

Star Ocean - the Last Hope was the latest game created for PS3 and XBOX 360. You should be able to get it pretty cheap:
    [​IMG]

3. The Last Hope is a pretty good experience. Nothing will meet the feeling of crafting gaudy earrings and making wilted salads all day on The Second Story, but it felt great to be back in the setting. There's rumors of a PS4/Xboned generation piece of the franchise. I wouldn't doubt it, but there's nothing solid.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played The Last Hope because I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360 the last Star Ocean game I played was till the end of time and that was a great game so I would assume Last Hope is a great game!

5. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

I only borrowed Till the End of Time from a friend, so never actually played much of it, but when Last Hope came out I played it to death. Brilliant game, I do hope another game comes out in the series. It has been a few years IIRC, so if another is coming it shouldn't be too far off...

I should really dig out my PS2 as well, and try and get copies of the earlier titles.

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't think the series is going to continue. It's been so long and there has been almost no word in years and years. It's a great series with SOME not so great games but most were great.

7. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Last Hope is a nice game. Better than other Square Enix released around the same time. If you like the series, it is a must for you. Hopefully someone will try to create a new Star Ocean game in the near future.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

It would be cool if they made one for the PC I remember playing some of the PS1 games and I loved the story.

9. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Star Ocean is till available and like they said The Last Hope was just released a few years back and was pretty good for the series. Let's hope that it's not the last in the series.

10. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Wait you guys actually liked this game? like really? I can't belive it...

11. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

What's not to like about it? Man has always dreamed what the future would be like, so why not make a game about it. I've only played 2 games out of the series, but loved them both. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time ACTUCALLY made me cry...And I don't GET teary-eyed over pixels! So, they obviously did something right!

Love Last Hope all the way up until the final boss...Then, my game decided to troll me and freeze RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLE! UGH!!

Only complaint, aside from the obviously, was the gathering system to craft stuff. Why do I have to wait SO LONG for a blue rose?!

12. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

They had a few recent titles as others have mentioned above, and due to still quite strong sales, I would say you should definitely look forward to seeing one in the next installment for the latest systems and get to enjoy an all new and exciting adventure, and me personally can't wait! I am really looking forward to it!

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Can you explain why you're so surprised that the Star Ocean games have fans? Which one did you play? Usually when people criticize something, they have reasons. I'm just curious as to what you hate about the series ,because I had some really emotional moments playing Till The End of Time and grew to really like the characters.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness is supposed to come out for PS 4 on December 30, 2016.
    So, yes the Star Ocean series is still alive and has a devoted fan base. When I saw a trailer for Integrity and Faithlessness that showed a retrospective of the previous Star Ocean games, I got a little choked up because I feel attached to many of those characters and have a lot of good memories of those games. When you say Star Ocean is older, I assume you mean Till The End of Time, but they've released other Star Ocean games since then, so it's still a relevant series.

15. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

We have to talk about it. We have to. If we stop talking about Star Ocean, Star ocean goes away. I will never forget seeing that commercial for Star Ocean II and thinking YES THIS IS AMAZING and not even knowing about the franchise. SO2 was such an awesome release with so many unique aspects that it has its own personality that other rpgs still don't really capture. If people talk about it more, then it's back on the table, so we gotta keep on keepin' on :)

16. edy

edy Active Member Regular

I saw Star Ocean:The Last Hope for clearance sale at my loal Game Stop the other day. It is all right. It is not the best MMORPG game ever to be made....

17. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm going to be honest, I haven't even heard of this game until just know. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was slowly being forgotten as more rpg games made in the past go down that route.

18. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member Regular

The game is still around... I enjoy playing star ocean 5. I think most negative reviews this game received were uncalled for.