Is The Wii U Worth It

Discussion in 'Wii U' started by JoshSmith100, Jun 15, 2015.

1. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 Active Member
    Regular

Do you think the Wii U is worth the price tag Nintendo asks? Alot of people questioned this when the Wii U came out but 2014 was a great year for them and with new games coming out such as the new Zelda, Mario Maker and Yoshi Wooly World I think it is worth the price tag. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Well, a Wii sits unused for a year or so in cabinet in my house. Heck, a plug n play Genesis gets more action. I think Nintendo is trying too hard to be the system for little kids. As for the U, there is a reason the local game stops won't take them in trade anymore, nobody is buying them, even at used reduced prices. You can get a great deal on a used system with games.

3. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

It depends on what kind of experience are you looking for? Do you have many friends with whom you can play with? Definitely worth it. Do you give a damn about graphics? Well Yes? But does gameplay always come first? Then you should get a U

4. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

Oh definitely. It is just a fun console. I played Splatoon, Super Smash, Mario Party, Kirby and Mario Kart. They are all excellent games and they're fun for everyone.

5. atlantasports

I agree with this post, if I read it right haha. I love the Wii U.

6. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

I think that it is worth it, but it's pointless for a person to buy it if he/she doesn't have the time to play on it and use it, you must be sure that you will have a lot of spare time to play games on your Wii. ;) I'm sure that you wouldn't like to spend money on something that you won't use later on.

7. atlantasports

However, that can really go for any game system in general.

8. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

Yes, but it doesn't make any matter that it does go for any game system,
    you must be sure if you're going to spend time on using it if you're willing to spend you're money.

9. atlantasports

I agree with you, but this does not specify to just the Wii U.

10. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think so. It's reached the point where there are enough titles to warrant owning a Wii U. Mario Kart 8, Smash 4 and Splatoon come to mind. They're also expanding their virtual console offerings, which is cool. I own a Wii U, and I don't regret the purchase at all.

11. atlantasports

Completely agree with that. The Wii U is certainly on the come up. They're definitely growing and they have a more unique console than anyone else out there.

12. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Having owned a Wii U since I came out I really wish I could agree with this, but I'm not so sure anymore. I played Mario Kart 8 to death when it came out, and I've enjoyed every Wii U game I've bought, but the time between gaming sessions with the Wii U keeps getting longer and longer. If you have money to spend, go for it, but the niche games that really sell the system don't justify the time between releases anymore.

Now, if they would release a new Zelda game at long last, I might change my mind.

13. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've heard that the new LoZ game won't be released until like...2016? Major bummer.

14. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I've heard that too. You would think Nintendo willing to put one of their flagship titles to work as soon as the system came out, like they did with, say, the Super Nintendo, but no dice. I don't understand their logic at times... and I'd argue that the scope of the game is giving them troubles, but there have been so many games released since the Wii U came out that will probably wind up being substantially larger than any new Zelda game Nintendo pumps out, so that doesn't really work... sigh.

15. atlantasports

If I'm not mistaken, can you not download Wind Waker?

16. atlantasports

Mario sells more. All of the Mario Party and Mario Kart games that have come out are completely golden, though. I mean, if anyone cared, they did make another Kirby game that I actually really enjoyed.

17. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeeeeah, you can, but it's not exactly a new game at this point. As far as I know they just remastered the graphics and tweaked the find-the-Triforce quest at the end of the game, along with some other, minor mechanics. It's a great game, but it's hardly new.

And yes, I agree on the Mario stuff. I already own, like, twenty Mario games, though. Some more variety in their IPs would be nice. (Haven't played the Kirby game - was it Rainbow Curse? - but I've heard it's pretty fun.)

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a novelty thing more than anything. There are some pretty cool games and the Mario ones are really fun but that's about it. You're better off buying an XBONE or PS4, much better consoles in my opinion.

19. atlantasports

Ah. I have wanted to download that game. That's disappointing. And I forgot the name of the Kirby game because my sister owns it, but it is so much fun.

20. atlantasports

The Mario games are probably the most fun games on the console. I suggest if you like the Mario series, get the WII U.