Is the price justified?

Discussion in 'Wii U' started by FuZyOn, Sep 17, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Wii U has nearly the same price as the biggest consoles at the moment, the PS4 and XBONE. Do you think that this price is fair for them?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think so, but then again I bought it so I could play Bayonetta 2. They definitely need more third party games on there that cover different genres to be a better success, in my opinion.

3. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

Wii U is already a failure. Everyone that was going to buy one, already bought it. Theres only a handful of 3rd party games worth getting on it (like Bayonetta 2), else it's all Nintendo fare.

If you don't like Nintendo games? Then the Wii U is a bum purchase. Price point is a factor, but no killer games means few sales.

#3 Freddymac1, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
  4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly. Most of my games from Nintendo are on my 3DS, so aside from Bayonetta 2, there was no real reason for me to get it. I MIGHT get ZombiU, but that's only to cure my zombie game fix and justify keeping the WiiU since I beat Bayonetta 2 already.

5. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

If you've got a PC, Zombi is actually on PC now, launched the other day. It's not too great, I hear.

If you are starving for zombie games (see what I did there?), pick up Dying Light.
    It's from the folks that did Dead Island, but is a far tighter experience. Really bloody and a fantastic parkour/free-running system.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it is just because it's not near as popular.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

They kind of messed up when Nintendo launched this console to compete with the XBOX 360 and PS3, the latter consoles getting their successors one year after the Wii U release. Pretty bad marketing stunt.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

They could use a price cut at this point. But the console is definitely worth it at least for me: I'm still playing Splatoon a couple of times a week and I still can't get tired of it!

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Splatoon is really nice but does that really justify the price? :p I think a 50% price cut would definitely be reasonable.