Is orange gear viable for end game? i.e. as a kind of transmog

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by purplestone, Aug 7, 2013.

1. purplestone

purplestone Well-Known Member

I am thinking of getting back to my L50 character in SWTOR but just want to check how "transmogrification" works in SWTOR. I have a full set of orange gear that I liked the appearance of and slotted it with various hilts, mods, enhancements etc. If I want to get into the gear grind for the end game, can I just replace those hilts, mods etc with better ones but keep the orange gear? Or do I have to switch to the specific endgame gear sets that you can buy with the various commendations? My understanding was that you can continue to use the orange gear if you like the looks - it's SWTORs equivalent of WoW's "transmogrification" - but just wanted to check

2. dragoneye

dragoneye Well-Known Member

As long as you have the credits to rip out the mods, you can place any mod in any piece of customizable armor. Due to the horrible designs on most of the tier gear you rarely find anyone wearing them. Most people opt for a custom look that suits their fancy.

So in short, yes. Find the orange gear you like, pay for Augment slots, and just swap out mods as you get better ones.