Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by Zimbitt, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've never played the original or second Fallout, is it worth it to pick them up today? I am a huge fan of Fallout 3, new vegas and I am so hyped for the new one. Maybe it would be good as away to hype myself up even more before playing the new one.

2. slaughterboy

slaughterboy Member

Keep in mind its a turn based game, but yes it is a very fun game, highly recomend.

3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you haven't played the first two games, then it's a good idea to give them a shot. Some people love them and others play them just to know the entire series. I'm in the latter category myself.

4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Member

I rented the Fallout 2 from Game Fly and was not too impressed after having played the Fall out 3. I would not go out and buy Fallout or Fall out 2, I was glad I rented them. I was not too impressed.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not really sure it's worth buying them since you may feel confused with the story and not like the past games, but if you can rent them from somewhere or get those games for free then by no means try them! :D

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a bit hard to get used to, especially if you were spoiled by Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I thought it was fun to play and I don't really mind turn based games. It didn't hurt that I was able to get the game on sale in Steam.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you should! It's worth it in my opinion.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you're patient enough with its old game mechanics and interface, sure. But I'd understand if a young gamer that didn't grow with these kinds of games won't enjoy it that much.

9. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member
    Regular

I would definitely borrow or rent them. They are not the same kind of game really, so you may not like them. If you find you do like them, then you could buy them. Just keep in mind they are older games. I was not prepared at all...

10. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

I agree with you. Fallout 3 players should check out the first and the second parts as well.

11. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

I know that it's an older game but I think that it's worth it. Well, all the fallout enthusiasts should try the previous versions.

12. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

It is definitely worth it I think! I am just about to pick them all up myself. My boyfriend is a huge fan and has been trying to get me to try them forever. I will start chronologically I think and hopefully finish them in time by the time the fourth one comes out( I am a slow gamer, like completing everything).

13. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's always worth it to go back and play through older games in a series. Fallout has evolved so much and playing the originals can give you a better appreciation of that evolution.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

I personally do this all the time with Zelda and Fire Emblem games. Playing the older games again helps you fall in love with the series once more before new titles are out. It's like re reading prior installments in a book series before the new one is published.

15. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I did that with Zelda and Fire Emblem as well and it deepened my love for both series. I have yet to play some of the snes fire emblem games, but they're definitely on my list.