Quantcast

Is it just mе, оr dо thе Mаyа, Inса, аnd аztесs shоw up in аlmоst еvеry singlе gаmе?

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by Goodman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

Is it just mе, оr dо thе Mаyа, Inса, аnd аztесs shоw up in аlmоst еvеry singlе gаmе?
    I fееl likе I hаrdly sее sоmе оf thе оthеr tribеs, but thе Mаyа, Inса, аnd аztесs аrе in аlmоst еvеry gаmе I plаy. Is thе rаndоm tribе gеnеrаtоr nоt rеаlly rаndоm?

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Oh come on, I just thought that I was the only one who had noticed about that, the first time I saw Aztecs show up it was quite normal because it was the first time, but when I acquired some play time everything started to look weird because the three of them started to show up in almost every game, as you stated below, however, it kinda helps you to predict the enemy's next movement and that kind of things, take advantage of it, good luck.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

It's the same for me and I think they are just the most common. I see this pattern in other games too and I often wonder if it's deliberate or if it's just the way AI naturally ends up since there will always turn out to be certain factors that will be favored among many.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

It's probably deliberate, if they wanted to make it more random they would've done a much better tribe generator but I think they want those tribes to be present in every game, they're the most popular and they worked hard to make them good. I noticed the similarities too.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

I саn't аnswеr yоur quеstiоn bесаusе I dоn't knоw hоw thе tribе gеnеrаtоr wоrks, but I саn соmfirm thаt thе Mаyа аnd аztесs shоw up in mоst if nоt аll оf my gаmеs.

6. Mistiq

Mistiq Member Regular

Maybe the tribe generator really is not as random as they would have us believe. The Maya, Inca and the Aztecs do show up in almost every game.

7. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

I think you're all onto something. I hadn't realized it until now, but you are right. Those three tribes really do seem to be all over the show, but I guess it's still ok because as Casiox says, now we can take advantage of that information...

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I'm glad to see that it wasn't just me that noticed this. I have no idea the AI chooses the nations but it certainly does have a soft spot for these nations.

9. EntropiaAddict

EntropiaAddict New Member

I have noticed the same thing, but never thought much of it. The Maya, Incas, and Aztecs all played very important roles in history, so I just figured of course they would appear in almost every Civilization game I played. As others said, it does make it easier to decide how you want to advance also, which can be a bonus when playing on the higher difficulties. Another possible reason could be that more is known about these tribes than most others, so it was easier to create a more complex library of possibilities for these 3 tribes. Either way, I content to have them in the game and feel that them appearing in every match doesn't negatively affect the game for me.

10. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 Member Regular

Not only do they show up in every game but they are usually on the first to attack me in each game. I know that each Civ has its own aggressiveness attached to it, but it seems that usually one of the three are attacking me completely unprovoked and then blaming it on me. :)

11. HappyKoi

HappyKoi Member Regular

I guess the developers liked those civilizations. They are pretty high on the aggression scale. I miss the Babylonians and how they got Writing and Code of Laws straight off. The Egyptians are in all of them, too. Then again, they are certainly a classic civilization.

12. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

I think that they are just the most common

13. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I remember thinking something similar, but I cannot really remember if it were these civs particularly or other ones. I do agree with you though, there does seem to be those ones that are always there.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member Regular

For me, those are the civilizations that are bound to show up in most games of this genre, as they are the ones that people are fascinated by the most. Not only that, in a way we can still relate to the way they lived and we want to try and see the world through their eyes.

Games in this genre are the only way that we can do that, and if they wasn't in there, who would be?