Is Guild Wars 2 Gonna Be Great?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by CookieMonster, Dec 20, 2011.

1. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Active Member

I wanted to know with all the work going into Guild Wars 2 do you think it's gonna be great?
    I think it will be.
    What do you think will be great about this game?
    Share your thoughts and discuss here what you think is best about GW2. :)

2. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

I think the story lines to the characters are great so far. They got a good story line. I think that is partly the best quality of the game so far.

3. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Personally I believe what makes GW2 great is the variety of things to do. Dynamic Events, Personal Stories, Dungeons, WvWvW, PVP, Crafting, Achievements, Mini Games, and who knows what else in at launch. They've also talked about expansions including dynamic events, pvp maps, dungeons, housing (you get a personal instance at launch but they aren't calling it housing), guild housing, and mounts. Now some of the future stuff could be released for free, some paid for as downloadable content, and some part of paid expansions but what it shows is that they are already planning on delivering a variety of content after launch. I really like the way they are focusing not just on levelling but on the whole experience.

4. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I've been eating up every written & every said letter by devs about this game. What pleases me the most is how often they catch themselves on something they were gonna do, but then thought about it and decided to change it. I am so tired of companies rushing their games, just trying to turn a buck, and end up leaving a mess that no one catches. I can tell Anet is really trying their best to make sure every avenue is looked at and judge accordingly before completion. That is why this mmo is going to be superior and sought out, imo.

5. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

Xerran I agree with you companies rushing their games just go get an end result $$$ is not a good company at all. I think companies that keep fixing their games after and before release is important because patches(upgrades to an existing game) can really be allot of fun for other players including me. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. CookieMonster

wow, This thread has gotten allot of feedback I also follow news about this game and see where it goes.

I am also reading this forum to find out more stuff about this game. I think that this game is going to be great and that's why I started this thread. So go ahead everybody else, tell me what's going to be great for you in this upcoming great game. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Amen

I hope they don't start pushing out paid content every month or two though. I would really like player houses added as well later on into the game. :)

Yep, this is the only company out right now truly delivering a real game. They are also going a step further giving us a game that is beyond the level of all the other current MMO out AND they're making it F2P. Just by this it'll be successful.
    Everybody else is having P2P games that are incomplete. GW2 will be F2P & complete. Seriously? nobody is at this level.

8. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Quick correction it isn't F2P, it's B2P which means you have to buy it first but there's no subscription. They've already said they will be releasing some updates for free but we can't expect everything to be free. I actually think they aren't going to go overboard with stuff to buy in bits and pieces. But there's a downside to that - have to wait for boxed expansions which take a while. I'm actually eager to see if they can innovate ongoing content delivery to the degree they are innovating MMO game play.

9. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I heard they were jumbling back & forth between going small d/ls to boxed expansions. I think they finally decided on big expansions, which made me happy. I like having fun with what I have now, and relaxing away from it for awhile, only to come back after a big huge expansion with all sorts of epicness! I also wanna feel like Im paying for something, not 5-10 bucks for...some weapons or clothes, like other games do :/

10. CookieMonster

Big expansions is a good idea more stuff to play imo. :)