is Final Fantasy XV online?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV & FFXI' started by Gambino, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gambino

Gambino Member

Hey guys. Noobie here and I was wondering about Final Fantasy XV for the PS4. Will it have an online mode that's much like an mmo? I ask because I'm a huge fan and I couldn't get into the current FF online and I was wondering if FFXV will be different? Thanks for any info folks.

2. hydrlon

hydrlon Active Member

Not so sure about the next gen consoles, your best way-to-go for advice would probably be IGN or Gamespot or any other big time companies.

3. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

As of yet, the developers have stated that Final Fantasy XV will be an action RPG similar to Final Fantasy XIII. It's supposed to be darker and more realistic though, but I don't believe it will be an MMO.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

XI and XIV are the only online Final Fantasy's ATM. But FF15 is looking fantastic as the team behind it is the same that's behind the Kingdom Hearts games.

5. Jordan989

Jordan989 Member

I haven't heard anything about Final Fantasy XV, but Final Fantasy XIV is online. FF XIV will be released for the Playstation 4 on April 14th. I think you can also carry on your account from the PS3 version if you upgrade to the PS4.

6. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I far as I've seen from some trailers and videos, I don't think the game will be online. The trailers suggest that the game will be story heavy just like other offline Final Fantasy games.

7. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

That's cool that it's an action RPG game sadly I have not played one of their action RPG's since 12 I think that is one thing I miss about being a console gamer is missing out on the FF titles.

8. KKWND

KKWND Member

Probably not, seeing as how all the other Final Fantasies that weren't meant to be MMO's were also not multiplayer, and this one (FF15) is no different from what I see so far in the gameplay videos.

9. SunnyArc

SunnyArc Member

I highly doubt it as they currently have two MMOs up and running with a decent fan base, another reason for my doubt is that they have announced nothing about the feature and that is a pretty big feature you would want to have people know about. Also, as you know all of other numbered games are all single player apart from XI and XIV which everybody knew was an MMO.

However, it would be pretty cool if they did have an online feature like that where you could play as a party through the story like you all play as a different character each. However I feel like this isn't something that Square would do

10. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It doesn't need to be online. They already have XI and XIV running and they are scaling XI back by shutting down console access and ending future expansions. A third MMO of the same franchise running concurrently so soon after a successful relaunch of the 2nd one would just be a waste of resources and money. I doubt they are trying to have their own titles compete with each other.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not that I am aware of, but to be honest I am okay with it. There are some games which are better online and more suited to that type of audience, but I am not sure that this is one of those. I think that I prefer the more traditional versions of games likes this, but if it is online I would be interested to see what it is like.

12. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It isn't online, and it doesn't sound like you know anything about the Final Fantasy franchise from your post. There are two Final Fantasy MMORPGs at this time.

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

FFXV is a single player experience. But I bet there's going to be some social stuff attached to the game, every game has stuff like that nowadays.

14. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know if FFXV is online, I guess we'll just have to wait and see which path they decide to take.

15. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

FFXV is not online per se. But it has mutiplayer disdia game released recently. So that can be one online game that you may be seeking. Though online quests are not there as it's pure multiplayer.

16. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

The main game isn't online as other have said already, but there is MP expansion ( comrades ). It's not an MMO though by any means.

17. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

No it does not have an online gameplay

18. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly what I'm saying.

19. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

But there is some talk about a singleplayer mod

20. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I did not know about this, good to know.