Is Doom 2016 Too Graphic?

Discussion in 'Doom 2016 News' started by Nemto Tadak, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Nemto Tadak

Nemto Tadak New Member

I say NO! I have viewed a number of early teaser trailers for Doom 2016 and while I would not allow my child to play it, I believe it is an excellent update or remake of the original 1995 game.

Back in 1995, the same question was asked of the original game. I played it for many years and to date there are no signs of trauma or mental damage (some might argue that point) caused by playing DOOM or any other violent video game.

Blowing space zombies to bits is what the game was about from the start. What do you think?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it's too graphic, it's only a parent's fault if little children play this game. The violence and gore of the game is what makes DOOM, DOOM basically.

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

No. This is a game for adults. That is why we have ratings, so children couldn't get their hands on these games. Besides, Doom 1 and 2 were also violent and graphic in their time.

4. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it's too graphic at all. As Raze above said, this game is for adults. This game has always been graphic, but they just didn't have the crazy graphics that we have today. I'm sure if they did, the game would have come off a lot more graphic than it did at the time. I remember playing Doom 1 as a kid and getting in trouble because it was "too violent."

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, it would have probably been more violent than the new game is. Though I don't remember anyone complaining about all the violence back then, the game would probably get chewed up by certain organizations today because it apparently makes gamers prone to committing said violence themselves, which is nonsense anyway.

6. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I don't remember anyone complaining about the violence aside from my parents. I was so young when the game was released, that I can understand why they didn't want me playing it as much as I did. The idea that the game can encourage someone to be violent is nonsense, you're right. If someone wants to go out and commit acts of violence, they were going to do it without the game being involved.

60 people like this.
  7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Social outcasts often spend most of their time playing video games, and sadly, these individuals are prone to committing mass shootings and the like for obvious reasons. This gets used by certain organizations in favor of banning the violence in video games, and applied to the gaming community as a whole while full knowing that they are generalizing and, just like you said, that they were eventually going to do it anyway. It's completely idiotic.

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly. Previous Doom games have almost set a standard for violent and graphic video games, so there's no reason to believe Doom 2016 will be have any less of it, but like you said, this is a game for adults. There's a reason why there are ratings on these things. People man... They'll buy their kids a game meant for adults and then complain how the video games are violent.

9. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Heh, I've seen parents bring their kids to theaters to watch horror movies. And then you hear the kids whimper the entire length of the movie. Some people are just nuts.

60 people like this.
  10. alexiskilgannon

Regular

It trips me out when people bring their children to horror movies like it isn't a big deal. I wasn't aloud to watch horror movies as a child, with good reason. I remember sneaking around on the television at night and I was scarred for life. I learned my lesson super quick.

11. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha, for some reason I wasn't much scared of horror movies when I was a kid. My family used to watch them a lot at home and I guess I just got used to them.

12. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they're just like any other video game like this. They're all around the same form of violence. If people can't deal with it, then they shouldn't play.

13. alexiskilgannon

Regular

My point exactly. Most people are complaining about the violence due to their children wanting the games for Christmas and such. I don't think a child should be picking up the game to begin with. The game is based around gore and violence, so there's really no avoiding it unless you want an entirely different game with a completely different scenario.

14. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think a big misconception is the game is suited for younger people when in fact the game is not suited for them and more suited for adults as there is violence and weapons used on monsters, and can be scary at times as you don't know what is around the corner. The older ones had quite a lot of violence and was amazing one marine against all the demons on his own, which would surprise me as the monsters could attack you from all sides if you are not careful. Children should not see violent video games as this can cause them to use violence in the real world and think they will not suffer any consequences.

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I doubt there would be consequences for them later in the life but they should still not be exposed to violence at an early age.

16. KingEeyore

KingEeyore Member

Definitely not too graphic. Once we start saying things are too graphic we start taking away freedoms. Pay attention to what your kids are doing and raise the right. Teach them this is fantasy and tons of fun when they are appropriate age. I think the game looks awesome and I can't wait to blow some heads of a few monsters.

60 people like this.
  17. whiskey2whiskey

whiskey2whiskey Active Member

I don't think that any Doom fan will agree that it's too graphic. In fact, I think it's gory nature is what builds the game's nuance and feel, and considering you're killing demons and not people, I think it would be hard for the liberal population to accurately considerate of "too graphic" nature.

18. mooray

mooray Active Member

I wouldn't say it is graphic but then again it depends on the age. That's why it comes with age restriction.

19. whiskey2whiskey

whiskey2whiskey Active Member

Yeah, I feel like most arguments from liberal parents denouncing video games for their graphic nature simply just don't know enough about it's market to understand the fact that ratings and such exist for a rating. I see parents demanding all the time that Rated M games be censored, which is ridiculous considering it's not meant for a "young corruptible" audience anyway. Most of the time, you'll even find that the younger audience would enjoy those games. Hell, I was mature enough for my age to enjoy CoD4 and Halo 3 at the time.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I don't understand why people complain about DOOM being too gory since you basically buy a game in which you're supposed to kill monsters. Seems pretty stupid.