Is Diablo 3 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by pr0xx1d, Dec 20, 2013.

1. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

Yes, If you have never played it before, then absolutely. Its a fun game and it is definitely worth checking out!

2. Bluesman

Bluesman Member

I'd say that after all this time D3 is definetly worth buying. They released a lot of patches and made the game very diffrent from what it was back when it first started. The whole single player experience is a bit underwhelming I guess but definetly not bad. And mulitplayer is really cool at this point. Very similar to D2 so if you enjoyed that I think you'd enjoy D3. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

3. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

If you enjoy it and have the time and money to buy it i'd go for it. I would also get RoS along with it.

4. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

When it was launched with the sop Diablo wasn't worth buying at all but now they fixed it and fixed also a lot of bugs around the game and now I would definetly buy it as the game it's really well done and come on.. it's diablo, who doesn't like it?

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know you're probably not visiting the forum anymore but in case anyone wonders if they should buy Diablo 3 or not I'd say yes, purchase it! It's a really cool game and if you're a fan of the genre then it's a no-brainer.

6. kabezon

kabezon Member

I have it and it's boring. I couldn't get into it. I think we all expected so much more and that disappointment played a huge role in me putting the game down for good.

7. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

I mean, if you enjoy Diablo as a franchise, you will enjoy this. That assumes one doesn't mind the tedium of the grind. The devs have struggled for a while to balance the combat and loot systems and have mostly done pretty well. The meta-gaming aspects of min-maxing stats to exploit mechanics is still there. So if you enjoy finding ways to bugger about with the intended systems, Diablo 3 is pretty fun.

For me, the game is a largely social experience, same with any online game really. When I got the game, I already had a group of friends to run with. We would play Diablo 3 while messing around on Skype or whatever, and it was pretty fun. Gradually, some of them stopped playing so I had to find new groups to grind with. The game is still pretty fun today.

It boils down to this, is it a must buy? No, buy games you know you'll enjoy first. And save your cash until you can buy all the Diablo 3 content in one go. Get the most bang for your buck.

8. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Diablo 3 was not the successor to Diablo 2 I hoped for - that being said, Blizzard still did not disappoint. Cinematics were fantastic. The acts were well designed. The character dialogue and lore were perfectly done. But their was a distinct lack of customization, just like Diablo 2 and 1. They could have fixed this.

But that's my only gripe. Buy it like ISKMogul said - all DLC at once - to get the bang for your buck.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. And if you like a good dark story, you will too.

9. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a great Action RPG. The combat is some of the best in the genre, but yes, it does lack the overall customization and feel that the prior diablo games did, if you can get past that fact, you're in for hours of entertainment, especially with with friends. I do highly recommend picking up the expansion as well, the Adventure Mode is a blast.

10. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Diablo is a lot of fun and worth buying at the current price. I think at launch, and for awhile afterwards it was pretty bad. You can get it for $20 now, and there are occoasional sales for $10 at Blizzard.

11. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes. Even if you haven't played it before. Def worth at least trying out for a bit. If anything, for the storyline. The replay-ability is also a plus.

12. mopli

mopli Active Member
    Regular

Actually no, lately another ARPG came out during release of Diablo 3: Path of Exile. Path of Exile might be free, but it offers a LOT more gameplay and lore than Diablo does. Diablo doesn't have the customisabilty PoE had. Then Diablo tried to fix it with some patches, but I think it didn't help out, they only made it worse.

13. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have heard of PoE a lot but never really had the chance to look at it. D3 just kinda dropped the ball on a lot of things, sure their updates had somewhat made it more palatable but the initial impression at launch was blegh.

14. m0ldy

m0ldy Active Member
    Regular

In my opinion, Diablo 3 is not that great. Even with all the new content and patches, it still isn't as good as Path of Exile and POE is free! I was a big Diablo 2 fan but lost most of my interest in the Diablo series when it was released. Although, I still play it sometimes when a new patch comes out but quickly lose interest after a few days. When new content is released for Path of Exile, I stay playing it for longer and find it more interesting.

15. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

I don't think it is worth it, but I don't really like the game to be honest. Cheesy top down RPGs with obtuse difficulty settings and limited counter intuitive online functions aren't my thing.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am usually all for giving things a shot and finding the value in everything, but this was just not that great of a game so I would give it a pass. Not a hard pass, but a pass nonetheless. It is also a pass considering that there are so many more options out there for you to spend your money and your time on.

17. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

I couldn't get into Diablo either. The dungeons are amazing and it has a really distinct atmosphere, but I didn't find the combat fun at all. Then again I didn't get very far in, only a few hours. I'll probably pick it up again in the future.

18. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member
    Regular

It honestly depends what system you get it for. I got it for the PC originally, and it sucked. But when I got it for the PS3, I actually enjoyed it.
    It also depends on what sort of gamer you are. I'm not an avid gamer, and I'm not amazing at playing video games. I'm the type that will die within 5 minutes of playing Fallout: New Vegas because the healing thing is just too advanced for me. So Diablo 3, being easy and mindless, is perfect for me.

19. IgCho

IgCho Active Member
    Regular

In the beginning of its release I would have said no, but if you can get it at a discount there's a lot of fun to be had especially given the expansion pack and expanded content that's since been released. It's no Diablo 2, but its still a sturdy fun little game.

20. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

People are so split on this question. I'm not sure whether I should buy it or not either, since I have enjoyed Diablo 2 a lot but I've heard a lot of bad things about Diablo 3. Came into this thread expecting something to make up my mind, but I'm leaving even more confused.