Is anyone going back to re-play previous games?

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by NinjaTael, Jun 5, 2015.

1. NinjaTael

NinjaTael Member

I saw on Reddit today that with the announcement of Fallout 4, Fallout 3 sales have increased by 1000%. I'm curious to see if people are going even farther back to relive the nostalgia and get themselves all aboard the hype train for F4. I right now am seriously considering it, however I'm not sure if I'm ready to play my life away until October 23rd. Anyone else?

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

Coincidentally, a few hours before the countdown for Fallout 4 began I started re-playing New Vegas. Granted I wanted to play for a while but ended up playing for 7 hours straight, then saw the news about the countdown on Reddit and thought to myself that it may be a "sign" of some sort :p

Given that occurrence (and to answer your question) I am thinking about playing the original Fallout because I never finished it. I just hope I'll have the time to do so in the midst of countless other games.

Have you played/finished Fallout before?

3. Stoyanow1

Stoyanow1 Member

I must admit I've never played the original Fallout 1 and 2 games. Sinful, aren't I?

4. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

The "purists" would consider you sinful, certainly. They would probably burn you at the stake if they had the chance. Some people act as if everyone has to play AND like Fallout 1 and 2 before they can enjoy 3.

5. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I have only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas so I am going back to play the other Fallout games before Fallout 4 comes out.

1 person likes this.
  6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep! Started my fallout 3 playthrough today, gonna play new vegas whenever I'm done!

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I shall replay Fallout 3, because Fallout 4 is kind of a sequel to that game. It also takes place on the East Coast, and the other Fallouts don`t really have anything in common with that setting. I think I have enough time to finish Fallout 3 again until November. :D

8. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm thinking about it, definitely for 2 but the start for 2 is so awful. One I didn't enjoy all that much throughout.

9. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

I haven't played 1 and 2. I've never been a massive fan of isometric games but if the first two are good I'll definitely consider getting them to tide me over until the 4th, I've already replayed the latest two earlier this year.

10. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I've never played 1 or 2. I don't know if I would want to, I don't like playing old games after playing newer ones. It's like using an old flip phone after you had a smartphone for a while. It works, but not with all the good stuff with advancement of technology.

11. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing new Vegas again. This time I'm doing the pro House route. First time I played it I went the wild card way. Also I never did the other companion quests besides Ede and Boone.

12. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm replaying Fallout 3 right now, and taking it very slowly. I have missed a few quests on my old plays, so I'm going to do them this time around. I've just completed Point Lookout, which is the best DLC in my opinion, and I have a little bit over 8000 caps. I have no idea what to do with my caps, but hey, I can buy whatever I want. I'm also level 20 or something, I don't really know. I'll try to complete Fallout 3 and New Vegas before Fallout 4 comes out. As far as the older games go, I've tried the original Fallout not so long ago, and the controls were really weird. I know it's a 15 year old game, or even older, but I just can't get myself to play it.

13. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would like to play the first two Fallout games but I don't know which one I should go with. More importantly, I only have enough money at the moment to buy one or the other. Decisions, decisions...

14. cassidy

cassidy Member

Going back? Not really. I tend to replay the first two games every two or three years anyway, so I've never actually left them in the first place.
    I might do a replay of FO3 and NV for a change though.

15. js85

js85 Member

I am! I'm the type of person who loves to marathon past installments of series' before going forward, half to brush up on my knowledge of it but also for nostalgia's sake. I do it for tv shows and movies too. I had to re-purchase the original, but I'm not disappointed at all by that. I'm super excited to re-live it knowing the next installment is right around the corner!

16. slaughterboy

slaughterboy Member

I would suggest going back and playing fallout 1, its such a classic. I tried playing fallout 2 but meh.. if you played 1 you basically played 2. Waiting very impatiently for fallout shelter to hit android :mad:

17. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't go back and play the first two Fallout main series games. I've played them before, and they're not my thing. Once is enough for me, but I could go back to New Vegas and Fallout 3 with ease!

18. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Member

I did go back to play previous games in the Fall out series. However, I am not pleased with them. I am glad that I will not have to buy them. I first rent older games, because I don't know if they will be worth buying, even if I buy them used.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I probably won't go back to play them since I already know the story and what's going to happen, but I may be inclined to give them a go again just because I can't wait until Fallout 4 is released.

20. jessaashley

jessaashley Member

I've been thinking about replaying at least fallout 3. I do feel like I'm finished paying them for a good while now. Doesn't really seem necessary unless you haven't fully finished the games in the past.