Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by Unknown, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cristan

cristan New Member

Some introduce for my self

I have spent my free time in beta testing other mmo's and single player games mostly rpg about 200 until now from C64 to PC The first game that I have played in RPG was the Sierra's (Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero) I think it was 1985 and the series that followed, my first mmorpg was same company (the realms) that recently see that still exist with same graphics, same story etc..
    I am a member of uTest community so if there are be a beta slot to invite me I would say that I know what is NDA agreement .
    I have buy and play in the past the series of gwars that I have been impressed from the graphic's and storyline.

I hope to see a better game...

Games that I have played until now:
    (Guild Wars, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion: The Tower of Eternity, EVE Online, Dc Universe Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Lord of the Rings Online, Darkfall Online, Rift, World of Warcraft, Runes of Magic, Everquest, Everquest 2, PlanetSide, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XI, Lineage II, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Ragnarok Online, Vindictus, 9Dragons, 2Moons, Archlord) and much much more...

1 person likes this.
  2. GodricMaelstrom

Hello from the Mists of Indiana!

Hello there! My name is Godric Maelstrom and I am your friendly neighborhood...MESMER! >=D I'm new here and have a new guild that I and my friends are trying to recruit (Hardly Vulnerable) and I joined this site to help branch out to other players about info and playing tips! Hmu if you wanna play when the game launches!

1 person likes this.
  3. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Welcome guys! @ Cristan You seem to have been around for a long time in the MMO genre, that's an awful lot of MMO's you've played. I would imagine by now you would just be burnt out completely?

Hope to get to see you all around :)

4. Exastiken

Exastiken New Member

Hello!

I'm a gamer that played the original Guild Wars, with all its campaigns and EoTN, and am currently extremely excited for Guild Wars 2!! 5 days until pre-purchase! *froths at the mouth*

5. pepperlizard

pepperlizard |,,|, Metal Head ,|,,|

There is an ongoing battle of time consumption between paintball, playing guitar, gaming, and studying game development and theory in college inside of me.

I got introduced to MMO's with RuneScape at a very young age, and progressed up from there, I'm hoping to one day work for a company that develops MMOs and/or other games, it is truly my passion... I'm looking forward to becoming an intern in a year or two (possibly here?).

looking forward to playing this beta and getting to know some new people and the staff here.

6. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Welcome Exastiken and lizard! Feel free to express yourselves and join us in the wait. :)

7. pepperlizard

Gladly :D and thanks for the recognition!

8. TV Officer

TV Officer New Member

Hey. I'am officer in the guild called Tunnel Vision.

I have played MMO's for as long they have been out there.. Started with Everquest, then i played wow. Have played Guild Wars, WAR, Rift and SWTOR meanwhile.

9. Unknown

Welcome :] We're not arenanet so no interns here :O - Looking forward to knowing you too!

10. pepperlizard

I'm really like the love that I'm getting from everyone in this community so far, thanks to all you guys!

11. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

welcome lizard!! :)

12. Creed

Creed Active Member

Hello, I am Creed and like everyone else I have been waiting for years for GW2. A little background... For a long time I steered clear of mmos and wouldn't even think about playing them... I googled them searched for them.. Why? I was interested, but what stopped me is the rudeness, the hate, abusive behavior and the elitism of the gaming community over a game.. To many people take games too seriously.. I found it all horried and refuse to join into that sort of unacceptable behavior.. For a long time I denied myself fun at playing mmos because of inhumanity of the community..

Finally I grew tired of my regular games and decided that I don't have to associate with those players. So I started playing this mmo browser game.. For the life of me can't remember the name.. Can't even tell you how long I played it either.. Even then all the things I hated about the community was prominent in that game as well; however I did meet a few nice players. My search for a mmo still continued and found Rohan.. I played for a while.. even got my main toon in the 30s I think.. but it still wasn't the game I was looking for... I think this is about when I found GW1.

I love gw1 and love the music and the graphics.. but after playing 4 years I grew tired of the limited mobility and the instance feel of the game. But during that time I was lucky in finding a really good guild. They were everything I wanted in a guild. Laid back, non demanding as when you had to be in game.. If you needed help with a quest or a mission they would help and nobody and I mean nobody chastised you for party wipes.

Games after Guild wars.. I tried trials after trials.. AoC, Vanguard, EQ2, warhammer, LoTRO, WoW and Rift. Course Rift wasn't out at that time.. After playing the LoTRO I decided to play it as I am a fan. In the mean time played the WoW trial and of course I liked it. But I went with LoTRO and played it about 6 months then decided to play wow as well..

When the next tax season rolled around I opted for the lifetime sub for LoTRO and I now also play Rift. And I still play wow. So at present I have gw1 installed, lotro, rift and wow and I play wow the most, rift comes 2nd and from time to time I still get in lotro and gw1. I have to say in wow, I have been lucky to find a great guild and it was my first guild.. and found that there are good people in the gaming community you just have to be picky who you party with. I was guildles... for the first 7 months I played wow.. I'm normally a solo player anyway, but my guild was recruiting and I liked their recruiting message so I asked more questions and it fit my play style so I joined and I am glad I did.

I have been playing wow for 4 years now... I guess it has been that long... lol.. I have been with that guild ever since. I don't know what happens in the other parts of the game as I have Trade Chat shut off.

Well that is a little of my mmo background... Can't say I am highly experienced although I don't really look at it that way; after all they are games not job applications...:p

Creed

1 person likes this.
  13. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm Xander, and gaming is a really big hobby of mine!

I didn't really play MMORPGs at first, but as time passed I decided to try them out, and I haven't turned back since. I'm a really big fan of co-op gaming as opposed to PvP all the time, simply because it feels like you and your companions against the world, in a kind of epic way. I suppose that's why I like MMOs so much, and in particular why I'm hotly anticipating Guild Wars 2.

See you all around. ^^

1 person likes this.
  14. Dillinger

Dillinger Member

Hi. My name is Dillinger and I am an alcoholic.

I am also the guild master of Dragon Chasers, the best guild ever. Ever.

1 person likes this.
  15. Unknown

New faces!! Ahh. I hope to see you guys around the forums! :) Glad to have everyone aboard the GW2PC forums

16. Notrub

Notrub Member

Hiyas!! I'm Notrub Ekim. We didn't have PCs when I grew up so that should give you a hint of where I'm coming from, lol. I actually started out playing the old D&D with paper, dice and people sitting in the same room. Then became an Elder Scrolls nut in the 90s and have played them all up to Skyrim. My first MMO and online game was GW1, I got a pass to the original BWEs in 2004 and have been with it ever since. I also ran into a few people in the BWEs that like to play a little of everything like I did so we started a guild together and have been together ever since. I kind of played Aion, but not having a guild chat kind of ruined it for me, I just ended up doing most of it alone (in a legion of 70) to level 35 and gave it up. But now there is GW2 so life is good again....:p

17. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're a roleplaying veteran Notrub! :p Welcome to the forum!

18. Drakkul

Drakkul New Member

I come from EQ1, which I started a few months after release. I played a Paladin named Trevekk on the Mith Marr server. I tried FFXI for a while but ended up not liking it. Once EQ2 and WoW came out..I played both, and to my surprise, preferred WoW over the sequel to the game I loved (course..part of this is likely because it was terrible lol). After WoW, I moved on to Aion, which didnt last long. Tried SWTOR for a few months, but yeah..nope. Got done playing the GW2 beta last week and am now certain I'll be playing that at launch.

As for my Paladin? I never created him in any other game until now...but he will be resurrected in the form of a Guardian soon =)

19. Alexandar

Alexandar Member

Hello beautifull people!

Hello beautifull people! My name is Alexandar and I am master of universe and commander of forces of Light, ruler of the seven seas and prince of thieves (well, I mostly steal women's hearts). I was in love in computers and gaming since I was wee tall. And my first MMO was World of Warcraft. Oh how many good memories can be told about our first MMO's and the people we grew to love during our play. But that's not important. What's important is that Tyria is once again under the pressure of the forces of darkness and we, the valiant people that dwell on forums must unite and make some fresh coffee, cause fight for our destiny is about to start. :p

So clean your keyboards and mouses, dust off your computer screens, order that pepperoni pizza and join the millions in...hyping ourselves on the forums!
    What is your story...?

1 person likes this.
  20. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Drakkul and Alexandar, hope to see you guys more around here. ^_^