Infinite Crisis or DOTA?

Discussion in 'Infinite Crisis' started by alfonso, Jan 7, 2014.

?

Which MOBA game is better?

1. DOTA

66.7%
  2. Infinite Crisis

33.3%
  1. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

We all know DOTA is the mother of all MOBA games. Infinite Crisis however is somewhat different, and its based on characters we grew up reading about. Which do you think is the better MOBA game?

2. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

League of Legends lol :p
    But I guess if I have to choose from these 2 DOTA is definitely better. The game has been out for quite a while, while infinite crisis is still in beta. There really isn't anything worth talking about infinite crisis at the moment. It's really buggy and there are only a couple of champions to play. Maybe when the game is released officially and you have a choice of at least 30-40 champions than we will be able to compare them.

Though I don't think this game will have much of a success. This year Heroes of the Storm is coming out and a lot more tournaments on League of Legends and DOTA, so chances are this game won't be able to even attract the casual players :(

3. alfonso

You have a point. Plus the heavy system requirements for Infinite Crisis will make it hard or impossible for some games to play. You don't have a lot of trolls playing Infinite Crisis compared to DOTA though. I guess they'll have the edge with gamers who are also big DC fans.

4. CrownedClown

I think their only hope is to have a lot of tournaments with big $$ rewards, so pro players will play it. If they bring in the pro MOBA players the game might have a future since a lot of the people that play MOBA's follow at least 1 pro team and when they see them playing they will probably be tempted as well :p

5. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer Member

I have only ever played some of Infinite Crisis when it was in closed beta but it never caught on to me personally, can not really wrap my head around enjoying a MOBA since anytime I hear or see someone playing one they are yelling or being general dicks, even my friends.
    Crowned what really brings you into games such as League of Legends?

6. CrownedClown

Well generally I like the competitiveness in such games. I used to play DOTA a lot, but DOTA 2(at least while in beta) was a huge disappointment, so I sticked with Leauge of Legends.
    Another thing is quite a few of my friends play it, so we play together a lot. At one point I was even thinking of trying for pro, but at the moment I really don't have the time to play 12-16 hours a day to reach that level :p

7. scout01

scout01 Member

League of Legends and Dota 2 are the go-to MOBAs currently, especially if you want a somewhat competitive experience. For a casual gameplay, Strife is currently in closed beta and seeks to enter that niche with a shallower learning curve and anti-toxicity system. Even Blizzard is coming out with their own MOBA soon - plenty of competition for game developers.

8. CrownedClown

I've been signed up for Strife beta, but so far I've had no luck :(. Every time I get a mail from them my heart skips a beat, but it's always about some event.
    Concerning Heroes of the Storm. I believe that this MOBA will definitely become number 1 because it's completely different from all the current MOBA's and what's more Blizzard has taken into account that it has to be competitive. The game is really fast-paced and unlike League of Legenda or DOTA 2 where you can see 1 hour games in Heroes of the Storm games will rarely be longer than 20-25 minutes due to the fact that almost throughout the whole game you are in constant fight with the enemy team. I'm really excited it about it and I've already asked a friend who works in Blizzard to get me a cdkey :D

9. alfonso

Really now? It would be great if you could give us more info on that MOBA from Blizzard. I always looks forward to Blizzard releases, they never disappoint!

10. CrownedClown

It's called Heroes of the Storm. It's been in the making for quite a few years but due to legal issues they had to stop it for a while.
    Here is the trailer:

Here is some gameplay:

The gameplay is really fast-paced which makes up for a great competitive game and chances are it will rival or even replace League of Legends as the main MOBA tournament game. Of course that depends on many factors, but having in mind that Blizzard will be backing it up I'm sure that it won't disappoint.

11. alfonso

That's a cool trailer! Looks like they're mixing up characters from Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft. Can't wait for it to come out, game play looks great too. Heroes of the Storm has the potential to usurp LoL, no doubt.

12. CrownedClown

Yeah the best part of the game is definitely the fact that Blizzard is adding all their famous characters in the game. I've already set my eyes on Diablo :p
    Also I love the fact that it's so fast paced.

13. qaximor

qaximor Member

Tried both. Infinite crisis is just too cartoony for me. The abilities and UI is just too much for me. I neither prefer DOTA or Infiti Crisis, because LoL FTW! But If I had to choose between the two i would choose DOTA for sure, IC just seems like the company just made it to make money and not for the fun for the players unlike DOTA and LoL.

14. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

DOTA and LOL are better than Infinite Crisis. I am sick of all these MOBA clones.

15. Takedon

Takedon Active Member

I really enjoy both DOTA and LoL but Infinite Crisis is a bit boring it feels pretty much like League of Legends dominion.

16. Berberita Ion

Berberita Ion Active Member

Infinite Crisis tried to be a an unique MOBA but failed as most of them. A truly diferent MOBA in my opinion is Smite because of the third person view. In comparation with DOTA, Infinite Crisis is just a little kid. DOTA is (in my opinion) the first and the best MOBA, it's very complex and it's kinda hard to get bored with it.

17. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

Well, Dota is supported by Valve. Any game made by Valve is supposed to be the pinnacle of gaming. Didn't you get the circular?

18. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

While I can see how Dota can be very addictive, and also how the whole game is very well done, polished and balanced, what turned me off was the atrocious community. Also, Infinite Crisis will have Superman and Batman. Dota does not. Infinite Crisis is better. :D

19. gamergurl

gamergurl Active Member

I agree. Infinite Crisis does feel a bit much like League of Legends. Someone mentioned that it feels "cartoony", which I also agree with and might be a drawback for some players.

20. beki

beki Active Member

I hate to not vote but I really can't. To me it is like comparing apples and oranges. Both offer things that the other does not and they appeal to all sorts of fans. It is like asking someone stuck on an island who has not eaten for days, do you really want an apple or an orange?