I'm starting in a day or two

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by jbeavis100, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

What does I need to know before I start playing other then PVP can be unbalenced?

2. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

Maybe check the wikis for a beginner's guide first. The combat is skill based and you have to manually aim, so if you're expecting WoW style combat, you might get your ass kicked.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Skill based combat? I was under the impression it was more wow-like. Interesting..

4. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

Well some of the skills rerquire you to aim others are normal cast on the enemy it really depends, but generally be prepared to practice your aim.
    Also the game uses the enviroment, so for example there are fights where you have to push enemies from bridges bear that in mind :)

5. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

Think of it as a hybridization of several known styles. There's going to be a lot of lifting your shield, manual teleporting/dodging, aiming certain spells and other effects to consider.

6. alxsnow

alxsnow Active Member

It's pretty much non-targetting action style combat. Very fun--and the game in my opinion, is a twist on Diablo 3. But yeah watch or read some tutorials and you'll pick it up pretty fast.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Try a Trickster Rogue as your first toon, and get used to the dodging mechanic. Neverwinter borrowed a lot from Guild Wars 2, and has a very reflex based active gameplay. You cannot just stand and click, like in classic MMOs from the past.