If You Could Turn Any 'Normal' Game into an MMO...

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Natalie89, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Natalie89

Natalie89 Member

... which one would it be and why?

Mine is a bit of a cheat really, because it does have the online capability feature already, just not to the scale I think could be amazing, and that's Animal Crossing from Nintendo.

I love visiting other people's towns, trading and all that jazz, but you can only do it on a very small scale. Now don't get me wrong, the size of the servers to handle that level of customisation (because I'd still want my own town with villagers and houses!) and the way the game actually played means it probably couldn't be done, but it's definitely the one I'd like to see.

2. FreddyMac

FreddyMac Member
    Regular

Skyrim.

OK, so Eldar Scrolls Online is supposed to be that, except it isnt. I want a Eldar Scrolls game, with multiplayer. Lets make it have a bunch of realms for a bit of an instanced world, but thats it. Multiplayer Skyrim. Vendors can be replaced by players, the whole system can be replaced, or just parts. Quest givers can be lower level players needing help with higher areas, or needing materials, whatever. I don't want WoW with daedric stuff, I want Skyrim. I want friends to be able to join me there.

Natalie89 and majessticah like this.
  3. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I want to see the Kingdoms of Amalur MMO that had been planned, but got dumped. I wish it hadn't gone under, but that's the way of things from time to time. I liked the setting, and I thought it would have made a great MMO.

Elder Scrolls is another. I was excited when I first heard about ES:O because it's something that I had been saying for years would make a great MMO. Unfortunately, ES:O doesn't really sound like it lives up to my expectations.

ConureKeeper1990 and Natalie89 like this.
  4. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Perhaps a "Fallout" world where all the games together combined would be a pretty neat MMO. There would be a lot of content that would come along with it and I think it would be a good idea. I'm not sure if it would be great, seeing as how TES: Online was a mess.

Natalie89 likes this.
  5. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dark Souls 2. Turning it into an MMO would probably ruin it as it is right now, but there are very few challenging MMOs out there. Especially when it comes to combat. Imagine the coordination raid members would need to beat bosses.

Natalie89 likes this.
  6. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Star Wars Jedi Academy with mods. If I could get that in a large MMO environment with great graphics, like cryengine level graphics and customization. Oh man, that would be so much fun for me. :D

Natalie89 likes this.
  7. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

That's not a half bad idea. Maybe you choose what Vault you start from, so on and so forth. It would have to be more of a sandbox MMO, I would think though. I don't really see it doing well with a strict faction system. Really, I think it would do best if it weren't linear in that regards and allowed you to make all of those choices yourself. That might be difficult to pull off in an MMO, though.

8. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

TES: Online is the best case scenario, trust me. Fallout would be disastruous.

9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fallout for sure, but since that was already mentioned, I would then instead suggest Wasteland 2. It's similar to Fallout, except that it's geared more towards an adult/mature audience. There are some 'shady' things in the game that conservative parents may not find appropriate, which is the exact kind of stuff I think games should incorporate, just to add immersion and back story to.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Witcher series would be quite awesome if the games were also MMO. It would be cool to play with other players and have some fun.
    The story is great and a MMO would be too!

11. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

Either Fallout or The Witcher. Both have massive well polished worlds full of great excuses for side quests. Put them on the right hands and it could well turn out to be quite a revolution for the MMO genre.

12. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

Definitely Pokemon, think about how cool it'd be to try and fight your way through the League against real people, plus the world would be full of opponents that didn't spout random bullshi-

Fallout's a good one too, you could join up different existing parts of America and release more of the Wasteland to travel through.

13. FruitCakeFairy

Oh my goodness! An Animal Crossing MMO would be like the chillest MMO ever! Like, I swear that game is the best stress reliever. Although, I think they'd probably have to get rid of everyone having their own town. Like make it so each server is a different town, the villagers are little npcs as usual. I think I'm getting ahead of myself, since now I'm having trouble articulating. It's just an Animal Crosssing MMO would be so amazing. I want it so badly now.

14. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think a MMO like civilization where you have a really long tech tree for your city... it would have to be a PvE game, but would still be crazy fun to have all that trade going on for real.

15. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Kingdom Hearts MMO. Of course, I don't have better reason for it other than it would be well accepted as well as I would enjoy it. Another MMO I would like to see made, is from the game Boku to Mao(Okage:Shadow King), but it's not popular enough for anybody to really know about it so would probably fail as an MMO.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Fallout 3 (and now 4)! I would love to be able to wander the wasteland and battle with my friends and other players! Though, with the failure of Skyrim Online I highly doubt Bethesda will attempt to make anymore MMO's any time soon. :(

17. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Assassins Creed definitely. Those times in history never get the recognition they deserve. Persia was historically accurate, medieval Europe was entrenched with wars and political gossip etc. It would be so cool to play characters from those time and be able to level them up and buy great-looking gear.

18. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Grand Theft Auto V, but only because I want to see that devolve into chaos with 100s of people attacking each other as soon as they spawn into the game or respawn from death. :3

19. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

A normal gme I would like to to turn into an MMO is for sure Skyrim. The reason is simpel, it's already a really successful RPG and I would love to see how the developers would implement a MMO aspect of this game. I bet it would be amazing, alsothe PvP would be a really cool thing indeed as the fights with for example the bo is absolutely awesome and with magics and sorcery skills too.

20. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always thought a game like Star Ocean would make a great game to turn into an MMORPG. Same with turn-based/grid-based games like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Star Ocean due to it's vast tech and all that futuristic stuff, and the unique crafting systems. Think about fighting one another with unique crafted equips and other things.

In regards to Final Fantasy Tactics, who doesn't want a grid-based and turn-based mmorpg? That would be epic. Probably caters to a niche' market, but it would be a heck of an active one!