I know what I'm getting once college starts

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Morgan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

I'll be perfectly honest with you all here. I have not played The Old Republic yet, and now that it's free I'm going to pick it up sometime while I'm in college (when my game selection goes down a bit). I love when games like this go up for free at some point in their lifespan. I haven't played too many Star Wars based games and this may be the one to take my time.

Morgan.

2. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

It's tough being in college. You can't play very much and only when everyones not around. People are always out doing things there is so much to do, but gaming is still great for summer.

3. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

Free games will happen more and more as MMO competition hots up in the future. I reckon 99% of games will have to start out as freebies and then introduce charges as they become more popular. The days of charging people from day one are over.

4. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

More and more games are going to a freemiuim model. I personally hate it, but then again I get to play a bunch of Free MMOs that I have no intention of ever buying stuff from their shops.

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Freemium is gross and I strongly believe that the subscription model is nowhere near dead. The only people who say that are too cheap.

6. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Freemium has kind of ruined MMOs nowadays. I miss the old subscription model with a trial. That is the best way to go about acquiring a player-base in my opinion.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

The Old Republic has always kind of interested me. Originally, I refused to get it just because it required the Origin client which I didn't want to get. But then EA did their Humble Bundle and I have it now. I loved both of the Knights of the Old Republic games but I heard the payment model for this game is kind of bad.