I hope they change the name

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by GlacialDoom, May 28, 2015.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is a pretty generic name. I haven't looked it up, but there must be a million games with overwatch in the name. I think it might be too late to change the name at this point.

2. erook7878

Regular

The beta is out already and it would pretty crazy to change the name now. It's a big enough game where it probably won't be much of an issue. Overwatch will be known as Blizzard's game.

3. erook7878

Regular

They are similar games lol. I think blizzard even addressed a while ago. That name would of been appropriate for the game.

4. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have read this article about a certain company called Innovis and how they battled with Blizzard for the name Overwatch. Apparently, this company is about to promote an app with the same name. But the issue was resolved and it was said that Blizzard paid the company a hefty sum to give up their rights on the name Overwatch.

Anyway, since it's all over now, I guess Blizzard will be sticking to the name Overwatch. I mean, they have already paid a huge amount to get the name so I doubt that they're going to change the game's name anymore.

I think it's generic but still fitting for the concept of the game though. Plus, the game's widely popular now so the name might have done them some good.

5. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

One can only dream of having the luck of having a name Blizzard will pay you a hefty sum of money for!

Blizzard could have changed the name around a bit and it wouldn't matter, Heroes of the Storm isn't necessarily the best name around and people still know the game or have heard of it.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah it's probably not something that is high up on their list as I'm sure they are already committed to it. I don't think it's that bad that they need to change it but I guess if they had a catchier name it might do better.