I am beyond hyped for Overwatch!

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by JC_224, Nov 16, 2015.

1. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member
    Regular

I've been watching/following numerous streams on Twitch TV and of course I'm signed up to the beta. Currently praying every day I wake up that a new beta wave has been released and that I have been selected to participate in it. The game looks like an insane mixture of TF2 class system with the classic skill sets of a MOBA such as the use of 2 abilities and an 'ultimate' ability that much be charged.

I think I'm going to be maining Hanzo, McCree or Genji should I get into the beta although I heard they have received over 7 million applications :/

2. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well its a fun game that will hopefully continue evolving the genre and taking it to newer pastures. Blizzard so far hasn't disappointed (in the long run of things) so this is looking up to be another success. Reinhardt will most likely be my pick.

3. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member
    Regular

21 heroes to begin with a good start I think, although I like the possibility of more being added as the game progresses. As the game is going to be buy2play, I sincerely hope that future heroes are going to be free in order to prevent fragmenting or splitting up the player base due to content. Would be a silly mistake to make when they wish to develop Overwatch as the next big competitive E-Sports game.

4. lateflip

lateflip Member
    Regular

I agree, Overwatch has potential to be a very promising game! The game consists of many key features competitors games have missed, such as: Many classes, fast paced, skills sets, and much more! I really do hope I get accepted into the beta as well. A hope I have for this game is to have free downloadable content, it is a shame when we have to pay extra just for a few features.

5. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

I just can't wait for it to be released in Asia. Like you, I have watched numerous twitch streams and I feel that this might actually be the first shooter i would actually fall in love to. The game play is varied and interesting enough and the graphics are superb.

6. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member
    Regular

The trailers they have released are definitely hype inducing! Not even mentioning the gorgeous animations, the game looks like it will be giving established free FPS mulitplayers a run for their money (namely Team Fortress). That being said, what characters are you most eager to try out?

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Meh, ever since Blizzard decided to make changes that destroyed World of Warcraft's lore and turned it into a pointless end game grind I haven't been interested much in their other games. I worry that they will eventually do the same thing to Overwatch. You know, release a really good game and just decimate it over time with updates that take it in a bad direction.

8. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

It just really can´t be compared to WOW, there is no lore or permanence to the game. I think it will be much harder for them to wreck it if it is good in the beginning. it is more like hearthstone or even Heroes of the Storm.

9. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

I'm glad to hear that. There may be hope for it then.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am also hyped about this game. I saw some livestream on Twitch and it looks amazing. So many character to chose from, and not only they look cool, but they're all neat to play it seems. I really want to play it. I hope I can get in and play it when the next beta is out.

11. elchobo

elchobo Member
    Regular

Like a lot of others in this thread, I am looking forward for Overwatch as well. It looks quite fun, basically a TF2 with some additional stuff.
    I've been trying so hard since it was first announced to get into any kind of Alpha/Beta but no luck so far...
    Blizzard, to me at least, has seemed pretty... "meh" for the last few years. StarCraft doesn't seem to be as big as it used to be, and Diablo doesn't really appeal to me.
    I'm hoping all this time and hype they've put behind Overwatch does amount to something.

12. Clayton Wolfe

Clayton Wolfe Member
    Regular

I completely agree with you! I am so hyped for Overwatch and yes, Overwatch does look like a weird TF2. I have been playing Blizzard games for over eight years now. I am almost never disappointed with what they do. The past few years Blizzard games have been a little shaky, but nonetheless, I am so hyped for Overwatch. I hope you get into the beta my friend! If you do get into the Overwatch beta I hope you have a good time!

13. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I'm a huge user and participant within the twitch community but have never heard of Overwatch the game. I'll have to grab some popcorn and watch some game play of it on youtube :)

14. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

I've only played a few rounds of TF2 in my life, but I'm really excited for Overwatch. How graphics intensive do you think it'll be? Is this a game you'll have to upgrade your PC for like Fallout 4?

15. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

TF2 is easily one of my favourite games, and the similarities it shares with Overwatch definitely makes it a game worth keeping up with. Here's to hoping it actually lives up to our expectations.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty sure that this one will live up to expectations, and I say that because from what I have heard the graphics are meant to impress and the play is more fast paced, which I am always a big fan of. I have been pretty disappointed lately when it comes to games so I could use some good news.

17. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

Same as I. I am very looking forward to playing this game, I know I am going to have a good time playing it.

18. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

As a massive fan of TF2 I am anxiously waiting for Overwatch to release. Whilst I have played TF2 for a long time, it seems that no game has still come to rival it in both its team based gameplay as well as its theme, and Overwatch seems to be finally filling in that gap.

19. IgCho

IgCho Active Member
    Regular

Agreed I'm hugely interested in this one and I hope it lives up to the hype. This and No Man's Sky are my most anticipated. It'd be awesome if we got another well designed team shooter that can compare to CS or TF2 and this looks like it might actually pull that off.

20. kaiiren

kaiiren Member
    Regular

I can't wait for it either! It's official release date is coming up pretty soon, so I'm not trying to get into the beta now. Fortunately, I have some $$$ set aside to buy the game when it comes out, so I'll be able to play it the day it comes out!!! :D