Quantcast

Hyrule Warriors.

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by CeliVega, Mar 3, 2014.

1. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Yep......
    It's a game where Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors.
    What is the core part of Dynasty Warriors games? Lots and lots of characters......
    You know what that means? We will be playing as other characters other than Link!

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Looks cool, but sadly I don't have a Wii U I was tempted to buy one awhile ago, but I changed my mind, but it does look like I am missing out!

3. CeliVega

Who do you think will be added to the list of playable characters? Zelda is a guarantee I believe, but what about Sheik? Will it be a second transformation like in the Smash Bros series? Seeing how we get to play as Link in a Deku, Goron, and Zora form in Majora Mask I believe they will somehow make it happen in this game as well!

4. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I like the Dynasty Warriors genre even though I'm in the minority. I'll be following on the going-ons of this game despite that I don't have the Wii U. So far only Link is shown, I'm going to wait until they announce more characters.

5. CeliVega

It wouldn't be called "Dynasty Warriors" if there's only like 4 or 5 characters to choose from. So I am feeling hopeful that we will get at least 10 characters to play as. But...... It is a Zelda game at its core, and we never got to play with that many characters before, so I am actually pretty curious as to how they will handle everything. How many Zelda characters that are actually fighters aside from Link?

6. NeroFerk

NeroFerk Well-Known Member

Oh man that would be awesome to play as a Zora or Goron again! Maybe they will include other Links. Like Windwaker, Skyward, Twilight, and Ocarina link. Also Skull kid would be awesome if he was an enemy.

7. CeliVega

Apparently this game will be out in Japan this summer:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/07/hyrule-warriors-reaches-japan-summer/

Since it's a Zelda game, I think it's safe to say that it will definitely receive a localization. And the fact that the trailer is also available on the US Nintendo Direct......yup :)

Whether or not this game will be out this year in the west has not been announced yet though.

8. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

You know, when I played the demo of this game, I honestly wasn't that impressed. With the exception of the usual amazing graphics I've come to expect from the newer Zelda games, it had nothing coming that surprised me or interested me. Strangely enough, I still played the demo for hours and can't say I wouldn't play the game consistently. I think it's just one of those games a person enjoys at face value for me.

9. LadyCygnet

LadyCygnet Member

Has anyone on here gotten to play Hyrule Warriors besides me? I enjoy it, for the most part, especially because I can play as Ganondorf, and I LOVE his moves. The way he smiles after he opens a chest with something important in it is a bit disconcerting, but it's also quite funny. His snarky comments and incredibly smug victory actions are also a lot of fun to see.

Ghirahim is also a constant source of amusement, especially when he does his Gene Simmons bit in the cutscene before the battle with him begins.

The only part I find all that tedious is collecting all of the bits to get the badges I need for all of my warriors. There are only so many times that I can beat up on whatever boss character I need to beat up for materials before the novelty wears off. Fortunately, they seem to be adding new expansion content every now and then, and I'm hoping that having new skins to play with and new quests to complete will enhance the fun.

10. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

It looks really cool, but unfortunately, I don't have a Wii U and it's definitely not in my budget anytime soon.

11. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

The game wasn't/isn't terrible.

12. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I have watched others played on YouTube and the graphics look amazing. I wonder how well your able to control the characters vs using different controllers. I do like the idea of being able to play different characters, even the baddies.

13. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't bought this game yet even though I love LoZ/have a Wii U, but I've played the demo. It's really, really fun. I mean, it's pretty much just Legend of Zelda-themed Dynasty Warriors. Don't play it and expect to be playing a true Legend of Zelda game. I really enjoyed it for what it was, though.