Quantcast

Humble Weekly: RPG Maker

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Narukami, May 29, 2014.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

OK, so I saw this Humble Weekly and I thought I had to share it here. It's a bundle that mostly features RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker XP, along with many asset packs. It also has a couple games thrown in for good measure, but the main thing is RPG Maker itself to allow people to easily make RPGs.

I'm sure there's at least a couple here that must have at some point thought about trying their hand at making their own RPG. Supossedly, it's pretty easy to make them with RPG Maker but I've honestly never had hands-on experience with the tool.

I think it would be foolish to not grab the bundle, at least throw $1 at it to get RPG Maker VX Ace, some assets packs and a couple of games. I believe RPG Maker VX Ace itself is far from cheap, so this is a pretty good deal.

Here's the link: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

A belated thank you. I already subscribed to the HB newsletter, so when it came out, I jumped at the chance. I bought it purely for academic reasons though. If I wanted to make a game, I would do it through Construct 2 or Gamemaker if it was me solely. Fortunately, I work with my partner who is a programmer in doing what we want to do in game development. However, it's still nice to learn something from a different perspective. Maybe I can get ideas for use in my official projects.

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I have tinkered with RPG Maker XP in the past and have managed to produce a 5-minute long RPG in one week's time. I found it pretty awesome back in the day. But I think it's really just a waste of time. Then again, so is all the games. Anyhoo, if somebody would teach me how I could export the game that i make in RPG maker and transport it to the Android platform, I would probably try to get into it once more.

Any ideas?

4. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

*Sighs* Once again, a chance missed. Why do I always find out about these opportunities when I have no funds? :( Oh well. There's always next year, right?

5. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I love rpg maker, I have made games in 2003, XP and VX, but its always the same, I begin the project with a lot of ilusion and I eventually get bored about it, I never made a game with more than 2 or 3 hours of real gameplay.

Anyway, this is a great software for us, the rpg lovers with some sense of creativity.

By the way, has anyone heard something about a new rpg maker? Since VX there isn't nothing new...xS

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I actually did purchase this one back when it was available. I paid above the average to get everything because RPG Maker is pretty incredible. Normally, I do the bare minimum or very little to get a few games from a given Humble Bundle, but I went all out for this one.

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I would pay huge bucks for an Android version of RPG maker or something that would allow us to create an RPG that would be like Xenogears. It would definitely be something awesome. I think it's possible since the graphics of Xenogears are pixelated and very outdated. I will rush to a game store if I could create an RPG using the engine of Xenogears but simplified into RPG-maker levels.