Warrior How to Download & Install the Guild Wars 2 Quickly

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by doriskakaxi, Aug 22, 2012.

1. doriskakaxi

doriskakaxi New Member

GW2 will be launched soon, so how to Download & Install the Guild Wars 2 quickly? At the moment, The game Guild Wars 2 has not yet been released, so you cannot obtain it. The developers are in closed beta right now, and we are hoping they will go into open beta later this spring.

How to Download & Install the Guild Wars 2 Beta

But players can download the GW2 beta now, you pre-purchased, and you’ve received your Guild Wars 2 beta invite. You figure that any minute you’ll be downloading the beta client in preparation for the beta weekend event kickoff at noon Pacific time on Friday. You click the link in the invite email, accept the forum terms encouraging you to play nice, and then click the grayed-out "DOWNLOAD" link. Which doesn’t do anything. Because it’s grayed out.

The first step is to start by clicking that unobtrusively marked link in your invite email that reads "here." Go ahead and sign in.

The second is players will likely land on a page that asks you to accept the terms of the Guild Wars 2 beta forum. Go ahead and do that, because you’re a nice person and you can promise not to be a jerk.

The fourth steps is forget about the big "DOWNLOAD" button–it’s a lie. For the moment, it doesn’t do anything because Guild Wars 2 doesn’t yet have an installer. Instead, click on the "News & Announcements" link. (We know it doesn’t really make a lot of sense, and it was even grayed out when we first encountered it, but trust us.)

The fifthe steps is to follow the download instructions very carefully. Don’t skip the step that encourages you to create a folder on your PC in which to install Guild Wars 2. On most operating systems and setups, you’re also going to probably want to right click the exe file and select "Run as administrator."

While the last steps is to Install. Patch. Check back for another patch before Friday, just in case. Then cheer, because the Guild Wars 2 beta client finally has a home on your PC.

2. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I appreciate all the seven steps you shared. But I'm sure in 2022 the steps could be slightly different. But I'll find out once I purchase the game since I haven't decided to play it yet.